I may live to regret this...cheap and cheerful 7 seater

Wingz123

I am having to reluctantly part with my 7 seater automatic Mitsubishi Spacewagon....why? Well its a ‘space’ issue!

My head has won over my heart and despite looking for one of these Spacewagons for so long I am letting her go as I just cannot justify keeping her what with my Audi and Avensis which too are capable of doing the same job.

Anyway, the car...

Just clicked over 120k and if you look up online you will see the MOT expires in September. I will put her through another MOT as know she will pass. I bought her needing a few jobs which most have been done (did them myself :)) - fitted a new strut, new pads and discs on the front, full service, gearbox flush and fluid change etc etc.

She still needs a couple of jobs doing namely the rear passenger glass that shattered randomly for the last owner as he was travelling down a dual carriageway (there is a guy in Twickenham breaking one of these Spacewagons) and also when you go to start her on occassion you have to wiggle the key for it to completely engage (easy to do) and never not started on me. New starter motor has been fitted in the last 700 miles. I am useless when it comes to having to use a voltmeter - I am adamant it is a corroded wire that goes to the starter.

She drives perfectly and I would be keeping her if it weren’t for the Avensis and A6....

Bumpers are faded in places and have gone white.

Any questions please ask....cheap and cheerful 7 seater

£495 firm

It is in Reading but can be collected from Birmingham too - I have a truck so car can be moved wherever you like - pm me for a quotearooney - I’ll look after you

Bluetooth head unit

4 new Hankook tyres in the last 2000 miles.

Would like first refusal please when whoever buys it decides to move it on... :)

4g63 engine I believe this to be. No oil leaks. No sweaty sweat between the rocker gasket either which is a bonus! Guy who had it before used it to drive 2 miles a day to work where he drove a van all day....then 2 miles back home again...which ultimately led to why he decided to sell....overkill for what he needed

heard horror stories of ludicrous MPG for these (low teens) is it true????

I wouldn’t say that bad no. I’ve been all over the place in it - round town and on longer journeys too - took if up to Birmingham the other week and I dont think it was bad on juice at all. I did notice that they dont have huge fuel tanks as I think from empty it cost me £51/£52 to fill up to the brim. Drove home from Birmingham to mine (105 miles from where I was) and the needle was sat between full and 3/4’s.

If the Rover had've failed it's MoT big-time the other day I'd have been interested. About ten years ago we had a batch of these at work as crew-buses and they were very good little things, reliable and strong carry-alls. I nearly bought one when they were selling them off! 

Just saying like. I loved my smaller version one.

If anyone wants to purchase this, then do a swap for a mk1 Galaxy 2.0 pez manual.............

It's a tidy thing with all the bits to make the inside a happy place once again.

Question: can those seats come out leaving a flat base?

Nnnnnnnnggggggg.

Just saying like. I loved my smaller version one.

If anyone wants to purchase this, then do a swap for a mk1 Galaxy 2.0 pez manual.............

It's a tidy thing with all the bits to make the inside a happy place once again.

Question: can those seats come out leaving a flat base?

Nnnnnnnnggggggg.

Sorry not been on here for a few days - a fever I can’t seem to shake off.

The seats can be easily removed by removing a bolt to undo but the seats do fold flat. Space-wise is cavenous - I have had two push along lawnmowers in the back (obviously with petrol mowers you can’t lay them on their side) so they had to be stood up correctly which they were!