1999 Merc E430 V8 - £11 a ticket, or £600 if you want it NOW. List on Page 2

RobT

My experience of big engined mercs is that they’re the best way to do merc ownership. Someone buy it from robt motors!

Yes, please someone save me from my idiocy. Or join me in Idiotsville and buy a ticket or two, as roffle interest seems to be building.

Here we go then.  Tickets are £11 each which allows for a few not being sold and me still getting close to the £600 I need.  But if they all sell then the surplus £49 will go towards the AS coffers.  I sincerely hope this does sell out as I really don't fancy dealing with eBay no hopers at the moment!

I'll keep this list updated, and have allocated randoms to those who've requested tickets, or specific numbers to those who have their luckies.  Please do let me know if I've cocked up with the allocations.  Thank you and good luck!

1 . BavarianRetro
2 . JayB
3 . meshking
4 .
5 . Jim Bell
6 .
7 . bramz7
8 . NorfolkNWeigh
9 .
10 .
11 . Christine
12 .
13 . Fat_Pirate
14 . carlo
15 . Talbot
16 .
17 . The Moog
18 . Coprolalia
19 . Brodders
20 .
21 . robinmasters
22 .
23 . Fat_Pirate
24 . Wingz123
25 .
26 . spartacus
27 .
28 . gadgetgricey
29 .
30 . Danterzza
31 . Christine
32 .
33 . NorfolkNWeigh
34 .
35 . JayB
36 . sporty-shite
37 . Captain Furious
38 .
39 . njgleeds
40 . Jim Bell
41 .
42 . 83C
43 . njgleeds
44 . Captain Furious
45 .
46 . egg
47 . gadgetgricey
48 .
49 . Wingz123
50 .
51 .
52 . They_all_do_that_sir
53 .
54 .
55 . Fat_Pirate
56 . meshking
57 .
58 . Coprolalia
59 . BavarianRetro

4.3 V8 in something that pedestrian looking? De-badged 318d owners take note, this is how you do a sleeper.

Really don't need it. Unemployed, and about to take a job on a much lower salary than I'm used to, with plenty-o-traveling. Random please.

I know, perfect isn't it. You could also lob some diplomatic plates on it and waft around with impunity.

Good luck with the new job! Turning up in this might warrant you an instant promotion, you never know...

If it's OK just to do the collection, smoke about in it for a week, then sell it on, I'll have number 26. I haven't the time or money for any more cars but just a collection would be fun.

Jesus, I only came on to post an advert of my own up and see how the 106 was doing, now I've ended up taking part in a roffle for a V8 Merc!

One new thing I noticed this evening is the steering wheel has no adjustment. Seems an odd thing not to have on a luxury motor.

That's one of the options I mentioned earlier that this car hasn't got. It was a one-shot-option to have Power 3-driver memory seats, (including power head restraint!) which then includes a power memory steering column (adjustable for height and reach) and memory door mirrors, with nearside mirror automatic drop when you select reverse. You couldn't have just part of that option, it was manual seats with fixed column and electric mirrors (like this car has) or the whole wallop.

You could also get power 3-passenger memory seat for the passenger side, but that was just the seat, no other bits came with it.

The only other obvious option that this car seems to lack is heated front seats. There were a plethora of other options available which I have seen on various W210s (built-in child booster seats, rear heated seats, parking sensors, double DIN stereo, blah blah blah). I've only ever seen one vehicle ever that had just about every option box ticked, but irritatingly it was an E280, which is a pap engine!

Also, just for anyone worried about the seat adjustment. Looked at my own S210, and the seat goes waaaaay back far enough to get to the winder for the back adjustment, so you can either adjust it with a pair of pliers and just leave it, or prod a new plastic winder handle on very easily (they just push on) Also, no-one should worry about being too tall to drive this.. I am 6' tall and the seat goes back so far I can't reach the pedals or steering wheel!