Get In Quick - 206cc needs to go within 24h

Stanky

Its taxed til the end of the month, I can ask her not to cancel it in order to get a prospective buyer home.

I'm at home all week this week so can field questions but she needs it gone as she has no off road parking and the insurance is getting swapped to the new Fiesta tomorrow I believe.

It'll be fine on the road taxed but uninsured until the end of the month; every time I've left cars on the road uninsured it's taken months for doovla to even get round to sending me a threatening letter, let alone clamping it. The tax contractors will have it as soon as it expires if they see it, but insurance doesn't seem to be their concern. If she won't be persuaded by that argument, and if it helps another shiter who wants it but can't get down straight away, I could stick it on my trade policy just so that it shows up as covered for the next few days. That would not cover anyone to drive it, and I'd be most unhappy if anyone did, though...

Anyway damn my broken arm, I'd have been all over this as a start to my car trading career if I could drive it home, they seem to be very popular with upwardly mobile young SE London women and I'm sure I'd have no bother punting it on :( .

£200 seems about right - and it’s very odd to be saying that out loud. They’re out there for £500 with long MOT - and remember the drama BV had trying to sell his last year?

If it was around the corner from me then I probably would just to earn a few drinking tokens. But half a day out and the potential for a trip on the Big Yellow Fail Vans means I cba. That’s just being honest.

Hope someone does tho!

Yay it's sold! Tbh it looks proper nice and I would have bought it... If it weren't a million miles away and a bit broken.

I can't get over the post above saying how cheap they are and that BV had problems selling his (though is that to be expected?). It's a nice looking car and the convertible isn't a mess like say that Bini one with the funny roof.

Yay it's sold! Tbh it looks proper nice and I would have bought it... If it weren't a million miles away and a bit broken.

I can't get over the post above saying how cheap they are and that BV had problems selling his (though is that to be expected?). It's a nice looking car and the convertible isn't a mess like say that Bini one with the funny roof.

I seem to recall that BV's was somewhat deficient in the braking department, such that driving it away might have been a risky endeavour.

I got a need for a little Pugrot to do a Euro trip (maybe one way) I'm 44 Google miles away and have all Thursday this week available for chodding. The space to stick it is dependant of "removemycar" actually arriving after the last two bookings where they went silent and wasted two of my afternoons. I'll give you £126.72p for this unseen random bit of chod and collection Thursday. ?????????

Gowan then, how is it?

Gowan then, how is it?

May have done 350 miles since picking it up. 

***EDIT*****

I'll just ad a bit more info.

Got the train down to Fareham and Stanky collected me (thanks).  Had a quick poke round the Peugeot and it seemed to be a Peugeot.  Was entertained by Team Stanky's cam-belt changing antics till the owner arrived.  Did the usual, got to open a roof by magic and watch it disappear into itself.  Nice clean car, a minor few dents, scratches and stone chips but nothing, engine warning light on.  Drove off into the sunset, or warmed it up and stopped to plug in code reader. Not driven a 206 since my last 206 a few months ago so all very familiar.  There is a common problem or two with these and one it the EML and "pollution fault" Read the codes  - TPS prob - but needs the code to be read by Peugeot software not my generic to get a good diagnostic. Cleared codes and checked everything worked on the last 40 miles. Next morning had to go collect someones ashes in remote Essex so 206'ed it, 300 miles, no fault codes, hottest day of year but AC working, smooth, comfortable (6 foot 2) and fast enough to surprise Audi owners and no aches after 7 hours driving. MOT booked for next Tuesday, looks like it may be a sub £200 with working aircon winner.

• 2 weeks later...

OMG Scrap it.

Have you seen any recurrence of the EML of doom or was it tactically reset before/during the test?

Glad to see its doing alright though C_B. Someone drove into the new fiesta a bit within 24 hours of Sue getting it, she was incandescent with rage. I think its being sorted by the Ford dealer's smart repairs herbert but at not insubstantial cost I assume.

The EML has not reappeared,  just after collection reset it the once and there no hesitancy in accelerating. Maybe the long trip with spirited driving (on private roads) had removed the ELM cobwebs, now the problem is three people are making up sobstories as to why they should become the new owner.  Sorry to hear the Fiesta being pranged as she seemed genuinely happy with it.

Glad to hear it, I did wonder about whether a good thrashing would resolve the issue. I'll let her know its been given another 12 months ticket by the man from the ministry when I see her next, she'll be very pleased.

It looks like someone has scraped along the front wing in a taller vehicle, not done loads of damage, mostly just down to the plastic but she'd only had it a day when this was spotted. She'd been out somewhere all day and had come back to it and discovered the damage. bit of a twatty thing to have done, but it wouldn't astonish me if whoever had inflicted the damage had no idea they'd done it.

So, how are you going to decide who is the most deserving case for its new owner? Takeshi's Castle style test of physical endurance, agility and problem solving? Dance off? Who can fit the most custard in their underpants competition?