Get In Quick - 206cc needs to go within 24h

Stanky

I was accosted by the lady over the road earlier, she's bought a new-ish Fiesta but has realised she needs to dispose of her current steed, a 2005 Peugeot 206cc. Like NOW.

Not sure of reg or mileage, though she mentioned 'high'. Its had a cambelt recently.

Its got ticket to the end of August, though EML is on. Fault code says its the throttle position sensor, and apparently it goes into limp mode sometimes over 40mph. Her garage reckon thew part is NLA from Peugeot, I call bullshit but not checked as I've been out all evening. Surely a <15 year old car must have spares available, even if they are iffy aftermarket?

The roof WORKS. I have seen it working this evening.

Its manual and is tidy, but has to be shifted ASAP. It can probably sit til the weekend at the absolute limit. She's been offered £100 scrap, I reckon driving it to the bridge should see that make £140+. Maybe offer a couple of hundred if seriously interested?

located fareham, south coast.

If not, what is the website like cartakeback or WBAC but which seems to be paying over the odds right now?

removemycar.co.uk got me the most weighin £ for my C8. 

They will give you a quote, which you can either accept or send it to 24h auction to see if you can get more - I got £10 more so vaguely worthwhile. 

I do suspect however that the price is based on what it will export for rather than how many Basics washing machines you can make out of it.

It's also a bit random depending on the generosity of breakers/metals yards in your area, but it's free to get a quote, just need the reg.

lower than I was expecting, I reckoned on scrap being a bit over £100/tonne and this thing is probably 1200kg so bridge money.

Several others have been offered decent coin (like way over bridge money) for other stuff. Could well be the area though, if they are swamped then they won't pay over the odds.

Hey ho.

I got a need for a little Pugrot to do a Euro trip (maybe one way) I'm 44 Google miles away and have all Thursday this week available for chodding. The space to stick it is dependant of "removemycar" actually arriving after the last two bookings where they went silent and wasted two of my afternoons.  I'll give you £126.72p for this  unseen random bit of chod and collection Thursday.  ?????????

Thanks for PM's from interested parties, additional info:

Its a dark metallic blue colour, no scratches or dents, its a 1587cc engine for which TPS's are DEFINITELY available new or used on ebay. reg is HN05ONW for reference. She's had it for at least 3 years, MOT history isn't too bad, I think its probably knocking on 170k miles though now.

Its taxed til the end of the month, I can ask her not to cancel it in order to get a prospective buyer home.

I'm at home all week this week so can field questions but she needs it gone as she has no off road parking and the insurance is getting swapped to the new Fiesta tomorrow I believe.

I'll get photos in the morning.

Throttle position sensors shouldn’t be hard to find. Oh look at that, they’re not

https://www.micksgarage.com/d/throttle-position-sensors/peugeot/peugeot-206/206-hatchback-1998-to-2012/1-6-i-89-1587/products

One place I looked at listed them as NLA so must have been the same place the owners garage used. There does seem to be a few listed here, or on eBay. Haven’t even looked at Amazon or Euros but the key thing is the part is locatable and not that expensive

I get the impression the garage she's buying the Fiesta from just weren't interested in the Peugeot and are just using the TPS being NLA as a reason to not take it in part ex.

As you say Parky, literally seconds of searching on ebay has turned out new sensors for <£35 and even entire replacement throttle bodies for not a lot too.

More info to follow soon.

This is a serious bargain. even needing the TPS sorting, (this sort of puts a downer on a long distance collection as it's no fun driving a car that just stops working!) bring back a good old cable

I can see this being fixed and bunged back on ebay for £7-900 quid. 

"Allure" spec? They have the leather seats and all that, don't they?

Yep that's an allure.To swap the Tps is a piece of piddle on these too. I'm all Pugged up at the minute otherwise I'd be on this. These 206s are pretty tough things really, and it's only worn rear axle bearings that finish them off. Looks very clean for its miles.

I would snap your hand off for this, but I draw the line at limping home circa 500 miles. :-(

I'm a serial pug licker, and really want one of these against my better judgment.

Unhelpful really, sorry, but hope someone can take it on.

Order TPS and get it sent to stanky.

Fly down, fit , motor back