TURDY UPDATE 12/08/18: Make me any offer! Now comprehensively shagged 1989 Peugeot 205 diesel 4 door

doubleyeller

1 D Spares and Tyres

5 Jim Bell

7 Pandamonium

8 Momentary lapse of reason

12 Pandamonium

13 Alanism

17 Djoptix

20 Catsinthewelder

24 Jim Bell

26 95 quidpeugeot

27 95 quidpeugeot

28 Sporty-shite

34 hairnet

37 Sporty-shite

42 Talbot

44 Djpotix

47 hairnet

48 Jimbob Macgregor

49 Jimbob Mcgregor

50 Alanism

52 pandamonium

53 coprolalia

54 Catsinthewelder

58 coprolalia

1 D Spares and Tyres

5 Jim Bell

7 Pandamonium

8 Momentary lapse of reason

12 Pandamonium

13 Alanism

17 Djoptix

20 Catsinthewelder

24 Jim Bell

26 95 quidpeugeot

27 95 quidpeugeot

28 Sporty-shite

34 hairnet

37 Sporty-shite

42 Talbot

44 Djpotix

47 hairnet

48 Jimbob Macgregor

49 Jimbob Mcgregor

50 Alanism

51 they-all-do-that-sir

52 pandamonium

53 coprolalia

54 Catsinthewelder

58 coprolalia

Yes, roffle still well and truly alive. In light of recent derogatory comments regarding the condition of my offerings, I will state publicly that there is NOTHING good about this car, and it has previously been condemned as unfit for habitation by a doubly incontinent Alsation. There, that disclaimer should do the trick, win at your peril.......

As interest in this fine doubleyeller motor car of distinction wanes with the waxing of the moon, perhaps it is time to offer a discount on the ticket price.

Disclaimer for those who see someone else buy a car off a website called Autoshite for a few hundred quid and then get vocally outraged when it turns out to be less than perfect: This is a pile of old shit with elements of modern wank. There is nothing good about it and you should be prepared for it to potentially suffer a failure to proceed. If I saw you coming, nobody will see you coming - because you shall be broken down!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I need this gone, so £350 takes it. It does seem to be using a bit of water, but only on the very hot days and at speed. Garage diagnosis is leaking bottom hose, and possibly hgf on a small scale. Junkman explained to me the compexities of the XUD engine and it's ability to make water evaporate without producing steam, however we were down the pub so I may have misunderstood or he may have been pissed. Who knows?

Anybody want to take this on as a car for repair/restoration? Sort out its few issues, buff away all the camouflage front and rear and it could be worth a few quid!

I did 250 miles at 65mph on the M5 a few days ago and it still had all it's water at the end. I did 50 at 80 and it needed a drink. Make of that what you will....

Since the above was written, things have taken a decidedly shitty turn for the worse! 

On driving it today, it got noisy and then died. Opening the bonnet created a blast of heat enough to see off most of the elderly and infirm of the parish!

Putting water in didn't do much good, because everything was so hot it was like chernobyl, resulting in eruptive boiling and a fair scalding to boot!

The water was pissing out the bottom faster than I could pour it in. Once everything had cooled down, the engine started again, although it was truly a bastard to start!

My personal feeling is that the water pump has collapsed and in turn (considering the reek of engine oil and copious smoke that the exhaust is giving off) it would appear that it also has now got full blown HGF. 

Anybody want to do anything with this before I scrap it off? Going to be a shame if it gets fragged, as there aren't many left, but equally I don't want to spend any money on it. 

On the plus side, these engines take so long to get up to temp that you can probably run it around town forever more, within a range of about 10 miles! 

It also has a full tank of pure veg.

Location Shipley West Yorkshire

Oh dear,

I may have an interested buyer, and that's just me speculating, my friend Max flogged his to a couple who have been hammering theirs all over the place, Bulgaria and so on, and maybe have a use for this, I will ask, no guarantees so do what you have to do in the meantime :)

Oh dear,

I may have an interested buyer, and that's just me speculating, my friend Max flogged his to a couple who have been hammering theirs all over the place, Bulgaria and so on, and maybe have a use for this, I will ask, no guarantees so do what you have to do in the meantime :)

ok cheers for that. Should at least yield some useful spares...