The Antishite; Snobplate on.

Roverageous

I seem to have form for buying potentially high risk cars unseen, usually through the medium of eBay or owners forums. Late last year I decided to put a stop to that while I was winning by buying a Volvo that I got to test drive & poke about first with. That didn't end well, so I'm back to my old tricks.

It would appear that I have agreed to purchase something that is half way up the country from me, unseen, that is a bit unique. It's coachbuilt, 6 cylinders, LPG converted and high mileage.

Get your guesses in now, while I have to work out some way of collecting the fucking thing.

This thread is reserved for a colleckshun.

Good grief, I didn't imagine setting up a collectioneering episode would be so difficult for this!

Turns out public transport from aylesbury is great - of you want to get to London. If you want to go anywhere else, you're screwed.

4 hours and £130 for a journey that should be 90 mins in the car. FFS.

Anyone fancy a shitely trip?!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Play around with train times and try splitting the journey into sectors. You can get to Birmingham from Aylesbury for £6.50 on some trains if travelling on a weekday. The time it takes to get to some places on public transport you have to live with. Where abouts do you actually need to get to and when?

Just seen in the news 24 thread you need to get to Nottingham. If you book Aylesbury to Birmingham, Birmingham to Nottingham you can bring the fare down to £25 or so on a Saturday or even lower during a week day. If you have to do it in the evening you can still get the fare down to £40 by splitting the tickets. Might be worth looking at fares from Leighton Buzzard.

Just seen in the news 24 thread you need to get to Nottingham. If you book Aylesbury to Birmingham, Birmingham to Nottingham you can bring the fare down to £25 or so on a Saturday or even lower during a week day. If you have to do it in the evening you can still get the fare down to £40 by splitting the tickets. Might be worth looking at fares from Leighton Buzzard.

Toys is useful info - I didn't realise you could do Birmingham to Nottingham - I was looking aylesbury to London then stp to Nottingham.

I can easily get to princes risborough station so that may well be the way forward!

You can get the train from Aylesbury to Risborough, although some of the cheap fares to Birmingham make you go via High Wycombe even if the train from Aylesbury stops at Risborough. If going via Birimingham you have to walk from Moor Street to New Street station so allow time for that.

Nottingham I'm afraid! Radcliffe on Trent but the offer is appreciated!

Current owner is meeting me in Nottingham and I'm being taken out for lunch! All very civilised.

Breakfast now ordered.

Radcliffe near Manchester? That’s the dodgy car auction then?

If you’re landing at Piccadilly in Manchester and I’m not doing domestic crap I can relay you from the station to Radcliffe because it’s an arse to get to from Manchester.

Mixed reviews so far.

Wetherspoons breakfast was excellent. Trains not so. First train from aylesbury to princes risborough was cancelled due to a member of the traincrew still being pissed from last night.

I have woken the CDT Rover, dumped it in a housing estate in Princes Risborough and legged it to the station. I have 10 minutes until my Banbury train - seems to be one of only ones that is actually running this morning.

More as it happens.4a6292e8d1b383eae8369cc924141796.jpg