Jaguar MOT now passed.

stephen01

Every good collection starts at the bridge, with very strict laws in place set out by management (wife) I'm on a strict one in one out policy, barring the two non MOT'd cars.

The Accord literally waiting on the bridge this morning. I feel kind of sad but I vowed to not spend a penny on this car and in 10 months of ownership only put diesel in it.

While a few hundred quid would have seen it okay the clutch was slipping and constant happy engine light saw it bridged.

Cost of car £250,
MOT £50

Bridge money £263.

10 months happy motoring!

post-4612-0-78159600-1532182217_thumb.jpg

During this collection we will be running behind *nearly live but not quite.

Let's catch up.

A good hearty lunch is in order as in not due to collect said car until this evening,

post-4612-0-92059200-1532185947_thumb.jpg

Quick dash home for supplies,

post-4612-0-22928200-1532186027_thumb.jpg

First leg of the journey stats with a train.

post-4612-0-37875600-1532186081_thumb.jpg

Now patiently waiting in Birmingham for Mega Bus

post-4612-0-14038600-1532186142_thumb.jpg

This one is not mine sadly.

Sadly no time to strip it down and I'm happy with the price, going today also keeps management happy as parking can be tight. Money is going towards the next car, which is being purchased from this very site! Wanted one for years and is the comple opposite end of the scale for new car requirements!

I was dubious to begin with also, used a company called auto breaker.com offered nearly 100 quid more than everyone else, took a punt on it as it was only 7 miles away to drop it off worked out well!

attachicon.gifIMG_2248.PNG

Thanks for the link, that's only about a 30 minute drive away from me. I have an 06 Corsa 1.2 twinport to scrap this week, the site offers £173 delivered or £128 collected.

Same car on  Remove My Car offers £151 collected, decisions, decisions, or any one on here want a five door Corsa for spares, Mot till next month and taxed to get you home for £200?

Any interest and I'll post it on here later today.

You may recognise this from these very pages, was up for a raffle but ticket sales were slow and the pictures of the inside did it for me.

I love it! It's great, needs a good clean but hopefully I'll just have to stick fuel into, regularly, and have some fun, it's my first V6 and I think I've picked up a cracker.

The management is a little miffed, as am, I that it doesn't have ISO fix for a car seat, so our very expensive car seat doesn't fit in, but I only do one mile with the baby so he can roll around the floor or hold on? New car seat orded.

post-4612-0-86169600-1532295686_thumb.jpg

Must say a massive thanks to wuvvum for picking me up from the bus station, he's a pretty impressive range of fine motors and the 205 diesel is a beaut, took me back to my 205 days 15 years ago, in fact his looked as good as mine did 15 years ago! Thanks again! I meant to txt you today but I've been keeping management happy (ish)

You may recognise this from these very pages, was up for a raffle but ticket sales were slow and the pictures of the inside did it for me.

I love it! It's great, needs a good clean but hopefully I'll just have to stick fuel into, regularly, and have some fun, it's my first V6 and I think I've picked up a cracker.

The management is a little miffed, as am, I that it doesn't have ISO fix for a car seat, so our very expensive car seat doesn't fit in, but I only do one mile with the baby so he can roll around the floor or hold on? New car seat orded.

attachicon.gif0F9B4946-4F9C-40FD-8285-1714A5D8B1B3.jpg

If you've still got it in about 5 years, don't tell the child that the traction control button is to put the magic light on the dash , you know the one that means we whizz sideways around roundabouts.

This was how my youngest explained what to do when it was raining to MrsN one day! Cue a long and heated debate about irresponsibility, child endangerment etc etc

If you've still got it in about 5 years, don't tell the child that the traction control button is to put the magic light on the dash , you know the one that means we whizz sideways around roundabouts.

This was how my youngest explained what to do when it was raining to MrsN one day! Cue a long and heated debate about irresponsibility, child endangerment etc etc

Don't bother, you will never win an argument with a five year old

• 1 month later...

Well the Jaguar has failed it's MOT. Couple of bulbs, and rusty brake pipes. Friendly mechanic reckons about 125-150£ to sort it out.  

It's getting booked in and sorted. once it's MOt'd it' shall be getting a full service and I need to investigate a vacuum leak which has caused it to cut out a couple of times, this is just bunged up for now. 

I'd love to do the brake pipes myself but by the time I've purchased tools etc mechanic isn't costing much more. 

• 4 weeks later...

The Jaguar passed the MOT, I paid the garage to do the work even though he couldn't get it booked in for nearly 3 weeks! anyway it now has a shiny new MOT and brake pipes! 

The thing is I'm not using it, I love driving it but I get a lift to work and the weekend we go out in the main car as a family. 

Really been questioning if I need so many cars.