1993 Renault 21 GTS Savanna, SOLD sorry!

bramz7

Hello all.

Yeah mojo now dead. I had planned on spending ££££ getting this welded but seeing as I will never have that money now (living by ourselves is expensive and we both need a holiday) I can't let this just fester and die.

It's a great car for what it is. Yes, its rusty, but it drives well as anything, has 7 seats, will swallow basically any load (oo-errr) and looks great at the same time. The 1.7 is a lovely unit in injection form and is oddly willing in a big car. Only 90 or bhp, but enough to get her going.

The interior is pristine, and the seats are amazing.

Chrome on the door handles and roof bars really sets these GTS models apart from your humdrum RTs.

It will need welding to the front turrets, behind the front wheels, and the rear bumper mount.

It has MOT until April 2019 somehow though. Owned by an old lady who just suddenly died, I bought it from a very decent chap near Leicester.

Like I say, bit of a sad one to sell (ain't they all) but having just bought an R11, and being smitten with those since I was a young 'un, something has to give.

Also the 164 debacle has put me off sinking boatloads of cash into cars for the time being.

I will deliver if you are close.

Really want this gone sooner rather than later, so hopefully people are willing to spare a fiver to get this rolling.

Normal Roffle rules apply.

Have some photos:

43361163272_aee777024a_b.jpg1993 Renault 21 GTS Savanna. by Sam Osbon, on Flickr

43409074791_221ed560b4_b.jpg1993 Renault 21 GTS Savanna. by Sam Osbon, on Flickr

I can add some rust photos later but it will probably shock you. The holes are quite big as the chap who I bought it from was pretty handy with the prodding screwdriver. It hasn't got any worse in the time I have owned it and driven it 300 miles so the risks of the turrets shooting through the bonnet are slim.

I will add more photos tomorrow.

Ta.

If you want to forego the roffle and give me cash, £295 takes it.

1 Mr B

4 Richard

7 Bucketeer.

13 Mr B

16 RobT

20 Richard

24 Mr B

28 The Old Bloke Next Door

31 RobT

35 wuvvum

37 Richard

40 Mr B

43 Richard

45 dean36014

52 Brodders

57 The Old Bloke Next Door

59 Mr B

Non paypal is available and encouraged.

It's probably just as well I've only just seen this thread. The best 7 seater I've ever owned was a Savanna. It came after a 505 which although bigger just wasn't as good for 4 kids. Mine ( or rather Mrs N's) was an E reg 2.0 and was quite quick, well compared to my brand new , at the time , 1.9td Ullysee, anyway.

i think our one went to an exporter in about 2001 when we got a Disco. I fantasised about making a Quadra Turbo Savanna, as the ultimate family car.

I always thought of the 21 as a French Montego, as opposed to the 405 which was the French Cavalier, no idea why, just based on used values and peoples attitudes when they were a common sight in auctions etc.

I was sorely tempted when I this popped up last night as a putative roffle... other than the rust, it does look a bit of a stunner.

Cog Sr was fixated on these in the early 1990s, and we must have gone to look at a dozen around this time. They always seemed to occupy an odd hinterland though, whereby they were either clean enough but the price was a touch strong, or else they fell into what we'd now call Zafira Territory - with shabby, kiddy-stained interiors and sporting a motley collection of scrapes and parking dings.

I vividly remember going out on a test drive with a metallic silver one from the classifieds that fell into the latter category, and wondering (as we went along) why my arse seemed to be getting damper and damper, and what was that smell... yeah, seems the owner's kids used the back seat as an impromptu toilet.

We never did get one, instead running a series of Sierra estates.

But I deffo would.

And yeah, if anyone's weeping bitter tears of disappointment, I've a possible consolation prize in the form of some Savanna and other R21 brochures, free to whoever wants them?

post-17915-0-81363300-1532079038_thumb.jpg

post-17915-0-71219900-1532079047_thumb.jpg

post-17915-0-22121200-1532079055_thumb.jpg