AS in the Community: ASMM presents 'ShiteAuctions TV' in association with HUBNUT!

chaseracer

£500 to include hotels and food etc or just car and running repairs?

Sounds a lot of fun!

Come on, this is a half baked idea. You didn’t think I’d think it through that far, did you? Although, adding hotels and food to the £500 limit adds to the jeopardy I suppose. Insurance and tax might be “forgotten” for the sake of the game though as nobody would be able to leave the auctions otherwise.

Hmm, I see a game forming.

Yup, the battle between economy and covering distance could be an interesting one. Definitely interested in this. How is the measurement calculated? Crow's flight distance from Cannock or most miles on the mileometer?

It’d have to be as the crow flies as you can’t assume all mileometers still work on some of the fine* vehicular contrivances they appear at the auction.

Extra miles could be added for the most inventive ways of stretching the budget and for the least amount of car that is still capable of moving at the end of the event.

In 2001 I bought a 1985 B reg 518i for £20 from Southampton car Auctions.

It had a fucked clutch slave cylinder so I fitted a good used* one in their car park, and a well known Kelsey employee of stature and authority helped me bleed it out. It was driven from there to Cheltenham where it was prepared* for a track day the following weekend at Castle Combe where it excelled itself by squealing round all day, clocking up about 100 fast miles in the hands of many including ex touring car driver Ray West. The late David Evans of C&SC magazine gave me a coat hanger to repair a very failed rear exhaust hanger when the latter did a Mercury and wanted to break free on the M4.

After that, it was driven via Harwich and a big ferry to Hamburg where it did a week touring Northern Germany. Upon its return, it was advertised for £295 and sold to a couple of Grebos from Mansfield. B366XCK was the registration. I still have the V5 for some reason.

*Oil, water, tyre pressures.

post-3069-0-84591100-1534320198_thumb.jpg

Off season Hull-Zeebrugge can be less than £60. Just sayin’ like.

I reckon an off season (for extra cheapness) jape like this would be just the job. Definitely beats the “I bought a car for £1000. Will this banger make it to Blackpool” type events that have happened recently.

More like I bought a car for £100,will itake it to Baghdad with you crazy lot.

Off season Hull-Zeebrugge can be less than £60. Just sayin’ like.

I reckon an off season (for extra cheapness) jape like this would be just the job. Definitely beats the “I bought a car for £1000. Will this banger make it to Blackpool” type events that have happened recently.

Yes! Like roadkill but properly! "will this £375 Peugeot 306cc make it to *insert destination here*? Can we turn off the check engine light with nothing but tools? Will the mystery smell ever be found? Find out in this episode of Shiteyard wars"