Kringle's Xantia 2.0HDi Forte! Now Sold

Kringle

So you know how it is, someone suggests a clever idea and you try it out for yourself only to end up in a sticky predicament.

I always used to be a last second bidder, and for most cars that interested me the price was already beyond my tightwad budget.
Then someone kindly suggests bidding straight away and walking away, only to be pleasantly* suprised at a later date.

Halfway through baby Kringle's bedtime story (Tell the time with Thomas - good book but the drawings are shit. Your buffers aren't right and why are your wheels fouling the water tanks ffs)
post-24858-0-12132400-1531979206_thumb.jpg

I try it out and hit bid on an MOT-less 2.0hdi 90bhp W reg Citroen Xantia. Zis vun.
post-24858-0-45947600-1531977618_thumb.jpg

Don't worry it'll sell for 600 I think.
The bids rise to 320 and it stays and stays and stays, and ends.

I break it to the Mrs just as I leave for work, pulling off the drive.
Liek zis.
post-24858-0-41661700-1531978016_thumb.png

Anyway, it's 30mins away so hardly exciting but ive never made a thread before so come join me.

post-24858-0-67921300-1531978094_thumb.jpg
Finishing the night shift, straight into action.

You should write to bodyform and suggest the use of their product in dealing with injector leakage. They might send you a couple of boxes as a “thank you but please go away you weirdo” type gesture.

Interestingly Nico Rosberg used to use sanitary towels under his helmet to absorb sweat and prevent it going in his eyes, not such a stupid idea. In fact the makers could increase demand for their product by adopting this approach.

(rock music plays, man looks up from welding kit to wipe sweat off his face, cuts to hot tired bricklayer on building site, and then to a surgeon looking stressed. Gruff tough voiceover kicks in)

“We know what it’s like. Working hard all day, you sweat. And the sting as that sweat hits your eyes is tough. Whether welding a ship, laying that brick, or reattaching that pulmonary artery, the last thing you want is sweat in your eyes. New Bodyform man towels. For real men, who sweat”

(More rock music, homo erotic high fiving, smiley bricklayer, welder walking off for a beer, sexy nurse looks longingly at surgeon)

Pop that in a black box with a sports car on it, Bish bosh wallop. And that’s lunch....

And if that doesn’t get a large number of male workers walking around with an always ultra stuck on their bonce, I don’t know what will.

OMG MARKET THEM IN FOOTBALL CLUB COLOURS!!!!!!

What better way to pledge your allegiance to Southend United/Doncaster Rovers/Wrexham???

I am a nailed down stable genius, no doubt about that. Right, off to phone Bartle Bogle Hagerty....

Wow what a peach! I was expecting the worst but it's superb, engine is sound, regulates it's temperature perfectly and the air con is coooool.

It has spent ten years in Spain rolling around with a retired giffer.

I'll do a full write up later but here's a pez shot.

post-24858-0-28412600-1531993047_thumb.jpg

Oops not that one, this one

post-24858-0-19839300-1531993080_thumb.jpg

And some tidbits

post-24858-0-84165600-1531993162_thumb.jpg

post-24858-0-64954700-1531993178_thumb.jpg

post-24858-0-75212600-1531993200_thumb.jpgpost-24858-0-84798300-1531993232_thumb.jpg

Grime...

OMG MARKET THEM IN FOOTBALL CLUB COLOURS!!!!!!

What better way to pledge your allegiance to Southend United/Doncaster Rovers/Wrexham???

I am a nailed down stable genius, no doubt about that. Right, off to phone Bartle Bogle Hagerty....

Have seen them used in football to stem a nosebleed.

Is that a Penton part ex?

Penton do seem to have a wide selection of halfway decent looking px-ers at both Salisbury and Bournemouth branches. They seem pretty upfront with any faults too in the descriptions (detailing noises, dash lights on, damage etc). Been considering them as my next hack supplier if the Rover fails it's MoT next week too badly. 

So today this happened

post-24858-0-38082800-1532193974_thumb.png

Now I don't recall the bearings making any noise at all but I will get it up in the air and check. Not what I was hoping for but it's not a total abomination.

The bearings are part of the whole hub and carparts4less have them for sale for..... £3.46!

As per the brake pedal pivot, again all I recall is that the brakes are on or off and that there wasn't any play.

Google doesn't show anyone else with this issue, and I haven't found a brake pedal for sale so again I will pull apart and take a look. Naturally I'll share this with you all because there isn't a great deal of enthusiasm to be found for these anywhere else, either at home or the workplace.

For information purposes the MOT place was Protyre.

Compared to Fraud_Senior's Xantia, that does look like a fair bit of play.

I presume the tester is worried that the pivot or its mounting is about to fail ; haven't heard of the former happening, but you do see broken welds and cracked bulkheads on occasion (VAG shite, in my experience).