Not another Rover 45 V6 Connie edition ??

Anglevan

Firstly I must apologise that I have not updated or did a collection thread - life is way too busy for me at the moment which i know is a pathetic excuse but its the one i'm sticking with. 

How does this story go? a couple of years ago I was involved with helping a mate collect a Rover 400 (cant remember the model but think it was an N reg and had some large engine in it but not a V6) He offered it to me in return for doing some welding work on one of his cars. I went and had a look and to be honest it wasn't for me and needed too much work. But i did sort of like it which I didn't think I would. About the same time our very own Xbollox has bought that 45 V6 (now with DW) and it got my interest back into them again. I really liked it and could not get over how cheap they were. 

As a background I have zero need for anymore cars, I still have my 1986 Lancer/ a 1986 Moke kit/ my Subaru pick up and a camper. So I needed this as much as I needed a hole in the head !!!

Luckily I have a very understanding mate who has very similar passions in old motors (and had some room where I could store it) I had this Rover in my watch list, as usual I had no interest in bidding but couldn't believe what it ended at - How much !! Didn't meet reserve. I mentioned it to my mate and he said give the guy a call. 

29600337268_64788f621b_b.jpg45 ebay 1 by Anglia305e, on Flickr

So I messaged the guy and a couple of days passed, the guy was spot on and we talked numbers. He said he wanted £400 and I thought what the eck - For that money I was not going to mess him about and agreed to buy it. 

Now the collection problem, I thought I had pics on my phone but cant find em :-( but basically my mate had to deliver a car Reading way and wanted some company for the journey and to help with loading etc. I said yep ok but can you collect a Rover on the way back. Yes no worries came the reply and then we looked on the map - oh fook !!!

43471151111_9a73ea4afa_h.jpgIMG-20180605-WA0031 by Anglia305e, on Flickr

Oh well - I booked a day off work and off we went. I cant remember much of the day other than it being bloody long and we didnt get to the Rover till early afternoon. But it was worth the wait, the seller was a amazing, great couple and the story goes that this used to belong to a relative who passed away and they inherited it - they have had it about a year, done nothing too it but run it, its never had a cam belt but I have every receipt and MOT from new had recent new tyres and generally it was mint. The only down side was some damage to the rear bumper, the n/s door handle was loose (common problem) and a disc for a sat nav has been super glued to the dash :-( condition and history supports the 57k miles. 

I'm happy to play cambelt roulette and to be honest I'm happy to have one fitted in time. It drives lovely but dont expect many updates its parked up at the moment till I find time to make a start on it. It is MOT'd but I need to find a better insurance policy that covers multiple cars and for that reason it can stay parked up for now. 

Anyway less of the rabbiting and have some pics 

42754647464_86cf8d1f16_h.jpgIMG-20180605-WA0029 by Anglia305e, on Flickr

28584390167_3b9103cbcc_k.jpg20180605_161602_resized_3 by Anglia305e, on Flickr

42754665914_1a0af8cac7_k.jpg20180605_161259_resized_3 by Anglia305e, on Flickr

42754666514_d42ee4c8c7_b.jpg45 ebay11 by Anglia305e, on Flickr

42754667104_a257d31a8f_b.jpg45 ebay9 by Anglia305e, on Flickr

28584396417_c96a37299e_b.jpg45 ebay8 by Anglia305e, on Flickr

28584397267_27dff7e171_b.jpg45 ebay6 by Anglia305e, on Flickr

42754668524_5c58f5c17a_z.jpg45 ebay5 by Anglia305e, on Flickr

43423124312_bc336d9b28_z.jpg45 ebay4 by Anglia305e, on Flickr

43423125462_05a03179b9_z.jpg45 ebay2 by Anglia305e, on Flickr

So there you go £400 for a fine specimen of rover/honda collaboration with a V6 :-)

I will keep this updated but will be a little while before I start is as i'm finishing my 86 Lancer off first.  

I'm not sure if it has cruise, i'll have look next time i'm down at the unit. Its not a pre reg model and the previous owner must have been in her sixties when she bought it. I've no idea what would have been standard. But it has heated seats/electric sunroof/6 disc multi change in the boot. 

The disc on the dash is about 3" in diameter and the super glue is running down so I need to shift that somehow as it will bug the life out of me. 

I much prefer this style to the later one with the number plate below the tailgate - too chavtastic for me, and I prefer the look of the saloon to the hatch. A far cry from my luxury Marina HL I sold last year !!!  

That is lush!  Drop it off at Bo11ox's one Saturday, he'll have the cambelt done in a couple of hours, he loves doing these.

It goes to show, you can't keep class down. These 45s are lovely. Were they ever fitted with cruise control?
I'd prefer velour and no CC over leather and CC.

I don't think the 45s ever got CC.  As far as I know the only "modern" Rover which did was the 75.

Dagnabbit you have a full complement of seats and a Rover stereo. Me jealous. Mind you I paid £250 for my Connie. And I bet yours doesn't smell of dog  :-P

But (and sorry to disappoint you) where o where are your V6 emblems, young man ? Should be one under each side repeater, and one under the "45" on the rear...

post-20951-0-79729200-1531870310_thumb.jpg

post-20951-0-35350900-1531870337_thumb.jpg

They are a bloody lovely drive, I'm commuting in mine at the moment, just so relaxing - great also for the TLGP - whack the lever over to the right when in Drive, and it goes into sports mode - like shit off a shovel. You can also use the gearbox as a manual as well if you prefer (again flick over to right when in Drive, bring towards you for higher, push back for lower)

And yes, Conny spec has Cruise Control on the 45 V6

Is this basically the same as a ZS 180?

I had a lot of trouble with the ZS 180 because even my official Rover T4 diagnostic tool wouldn't log into these.  Eventually we cracked it though.

ZS is the 2.5 KV6, it's the 2 litre in the 45. They use a Siemens EMS2000 system on the KV6, rather than MEMS v3

Dagnabbit you have a full complement of seats and a Rover stereo. Me jealous. Mind you I paid £250 for my Connie. And I bet yours doesn't smell of dog  :-P

But (and sorry to disappoint you) where o where are your V6 emblems, young man ? Should be one under each side repeater, and one under the "45" on the rear...

attachicon.gifIMG_20180528_164922_HDR.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20180528_142041.jpg

They are a bloody lovely drive, I'm commuting in mine at the moment, just so relaxing - great also for the TLGP - whack the lever over to the right when in Drive, and it goes into sports mode - like shit off a shovel. You can also use the gearbox as a manual as well if you prefer (again flick over to right when in Drive, bring towards you for higher, push back for lower)

And yes, Conny spec has Cruise Control on the 45 V6

Those side badges look very Halfords. Mine has the bootlid badge, and did have a V on the grille at some point.

Thanks for the approval guys, I am gonna make a concerted effort to get my Lancer finished and sold on, then I have a Proton to shift and I can focus my efforts on this. Updates will follow at sometime, i'd like to just get it insured but that's not possible at the moment due to the size of the fleet - so some slimming down needed... sometimes you just have to take the opportunities when they arrive - its doing it no harm where its stored at the moment..