Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE £300 or will Roffle at £5 per ticket.

Split_Pin

This has settled down of late into something very pleasurable to drive. But I have a fair few cars sitting waiting on my bucket list so its time to move on.

Spec: BMW Diesel 1951cc 115bhp.

163,000 miles

Connoiseiur spec gets you electric memory leather seats and climate.

SE gets you a rear sunblind and cruise

It also has the 'Driver Intelligence Pack' which gives you rain sensing wipers, parking sensor and auto dim mirror.

It also has 4 electric windows, mirrors and remote central locking.

I'll start with the negatives:

2 months MOT

Needs 2 bottom arms (just over £100 for the pair)

The clutch release bearing whines when you depress the clutch whilst driving. It isnt loud, hasnt got any worse for me or the previous owner. Having the radio on a low volume or the windows open makes it inaudible. The clutch otherwise works perfectly and bites crisply about 1/3 of the way up.

There is a slight leak from the steering rack. Its not serious and perhaps leaves about 3 small drips overnight

An inline thermostat was fitted but the top hose either hasnt been tightened up enough or the stat needs pushed down the pipe a bit more as there is a very slight coolant leak from there.

The sump plug doesnt have a washer so there is the odd drip from there

There is/has been an oil leak further up the block but I havent investigated that as it doesnt drip.

If you fill it over 2/3 there is a fuel leak. I believe its the circular seal at the top of the tank for the pump. The tank is plastic.

A/C isnt that cold

Some scratches on the osf wing and rear bumper.

Drivers window sticks going up, but I just budge it up on the button.

Tyres are old worn and shit. They need to be replaced. Incorrect profile on the back.

Small amount of water ingress in the boot from the rear window trim clips.

Airbag light is on most of the time, connectors under the seat are the culprit, a clean up is the likely solution.

The good:

Engine and gearbox work great. No smoke at all even on start up nice and smooth for a dizzler, starts first time.

Interior is in very good condition and is a lovely place to be. Apart from the A/C, all the toys work.

Exterior generally smart and presentable.

Underneath is solid including sills. I Vactan'd Hammerited and then stonechipped all areas which had surface corrosion.

Brand new upper rear suspension arms fitted a month ago.

New starter.

New osf drop link

Oil and filter changed in May, PCV filter changed in March by the PO (trusted shiter)

New fuel tank strap

2 new jacking pads as they were missing

Great on diesel, 45 mpg thereabouts.

Osf caliper is now behaving itself after I stripped and cleaned it.

I do love this car but I also love several others so I am chancing my arm here. I really cant see what else it would need for another ticket other than tyres, the airbag light and the lower arms.

I am looking only to get back what I paid for it.

Car is located near Cumbernauld in Scotland.

post-3238-0-64032200-1531768536_thumb.jpg

post-3238-0-44429700-1531768619_thumb.jpg

post-3238-0-20420500-1531768675_thumb.jpg

post-3238-0-02845700-1531768731_thumb.jpg

Big spend on these is the rear arms.. especially for Scottish versions. The captive bolts shear and make the removal of them a ducking nightmare. Major selling point that it’s been done.

Tbh if it had longer test I’d have this, I’m not far away from you. I just don’t have the time to retest it.

If you need it scanning I’m sure I have the software still somewhere. I’m up near the erskine bridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk