Fauxrarris And Other Kit Car Replica Shite

warren t claim

The plastic trio I can accept, but those rims on the SLC ?[/quote

I got them with tyres for fuckall and sold , the quite frankly tatty and scuffed originals for 3x as much.

I also got the car for less than 2k after a late night drunken eBay session, had all the welding done and a respray just needed the glass and interior refitting, also got most of a spare car with it (which I made my 2k back on parting out).

The seller was getting divorced so sold this, a vette, a 911 and a 240z for peanuts as wife was getting half

I met a good number of really lovely people from Barryboys too, and went on a couple of their outings (Karting, meals etc). It would not surprise me at all if fatbaldbloke from BB is here somewhere. His knowledge about obscure and rare vehicles was frighteningly good.

I went to a launch event for the Covin 911 replica back in 1985. I did for some years harbour the idea of ripping a Beetle apart and building one to impress the all ladieeees in to hoodwinking I owned a Porsche Turbo. But once a Beetle always a Beetle....

If built properly they can look very convincing. attachicon.gif11070_0.jpg

Most most ended up like this! attachicon.gif_20180716_182756.JPG

I wouldn't be surprised if they were sued by Porsche at some point shortly afterwards, or at least given a very stern 'stop it' letter from them. Porsche are very defensive over their copyrights. Even massive top dollar resto-mod companies like Singer have to be careful with what they call the cars they build.

It’s amazing that nobody is making an E Type or 911 replica now, the early versions of both are making insane amounts of money and now even the kit car versions are pulling in decent coin

An Aston DB4/5/6 replica would be a good shout.

I met a good number of really lovely people from Barryboys too, and went on a couple of their outings (Karting, meals etc). It would not surprise me at all if fatbaldbloke from BB is here somewhere. His knowledge about obscure and rare vehicles was frighteningly good.

Actually haven't seen Mark on here yet, hopefully he'll shuffle over and say hello sometime.

It’s amazing that nobody is making an E Type or 911 replica now, the early versions of both are making insane amounts of money and now even the kit car versions are pulling in decent coin

Back in the eighties there were 2 e-type replicas...The Cortina based Jpr Wildcat post-20412-0-14047400-1531845132_thumb.jpg

and the proper Xj6 based Challenger, which started out life in 1986 using the doner cars unnarowed rear axle and as a result had flared rear arches on an otherwise complete replica shell. post-20412-0-72830500-1531845258_thumb.jpg

Later cars used a narrowed back end were externally pretty much identical to the real thing, lighter too so actual performance was better than a real one. post-20412-0-39778800-1531845540_thumb.jpg

A really nicely built challenger can now command an asking price of up to 40k.

An Aston DB4/5/6 replica would be a good shout.

I think the grille shape is trademark, so Sue, Grabbit & Runne would be sending cease & desist letters quite promptly, several have tried and discovered AM are most vigorous in defending this. Presumably that horrid thing based on a capri was ignored as it didn't look anything like an AM. :D Having said that, a well-done grp DB5 or 6 rep would feature in my fantasy garage.

Almost the entire Ford line up has an 'Aston Face' now. It has got very silly now

I cannot believe that the Ruskies snapped up the moulds for of all things the Rickman Ranger, using bits of old Ladas & Moskvichs

I was a member until a local shitheap owner registered to send me some threats because his insurance company had seen the pics I took of his car and the bodykit and alloys were news to them.

At this point I realised on the BB site was a picture of my car, sat outside my house, and in a small town that's a silly thing. Especially when my house was a silly, recognisable shape.

So I just stopped going on and hid behind the sofa for a bit.

I had a similar thing happen.. found a corsa in a car park and got some pics, turns out none of the mods were declared, so his insurer got on contact and voided the policy. Cue one very irate corsa owner trying to locate this "fukkin blue van man" who "voydid my fukin inshurans"

About that time I realised just how rare blue coloured vans are on the road. Nothing ever came of it, and I suspect he was all mouth and no trousers.

I sometimes message him, he's a great bloke. I forgot my username and login for BB years ago. 

Loads of crap replicas here - http://www.motorpunk.co.uk/articles/faux-ferraris-bent-bentleys-off-centre-astons/

I particularly liked this Aston MX5artin with the insurance valuation framed and left in the windscreen, as (presumably) the owner wanted everyone to know how valuable he told his insurers this heap of shit is;

replica-supercar-5.jpg