Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
Sold

Deposit taken. Lexus RX300. 02 plate. £950. Derby

Sold

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 ONLINE   DodgeRover

DodgeRover

• Full Members
  • 6,986 posts
  • 106 thanks

Posted 15 September 2018 - 04:14 PM

Thanks for that, it looks like ours will be going to live overseas next year when the mot runs out unless I change the rear subframe. If this one is that good I would get it soaked in a bath of warm wax oil!
  • djimbob likes this

#32 OFFLINE   djimbob

djimbob

• Full Members
  • 681 posts
  • 6 thanks
  • LocationHuddersfield, West Yorks

Posted 15 September 2018 - 08:58 PM

So far it has been very promising, aside from the electrical issue has reared it's head this afternoon - to recap, the central locking failed on the driver's side door, not sure about the rears but the passenger side worked, the display went blank aside from the warning lights, it did throw up the red oil can light for a minute or so, but after a few hours parked up, went outside and it was fine!

This wouldn't bother me but Our Lass is using it for her 50 mile commute along the M62 and the managed motorway, so not having a speedo is not great, so I am motivated to get her Magentis back on the road and this lexus sorted (all she needs now is a set of tyres on Monday).

There is plenty of online help on the Lexus and Toyota forums so I am confident I can get the electrical gremlins fixed, the VSC light has to be something to do with that pulsing on full lock, probably a sensor or wiring to sensor, the Check engine light seems to be an O2 sensor on reading up a bit rather than the Cat needing a blast, and the dash light failure must be a dodgy connection to the fuse box or ignition as it takes out a number of functions like the door lock, so just need to figure out where they share a common feed/earth :)

Sorry for the thread hijack, I will resurrect my thread about my fleet I think, this will probably be a bit of a marathon, but so worth while in the long run :)

• sims00 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sold

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users