Gold Adventurer update. Hit and run.

red5

So I have an abundance of dark grey and Frontera in my life. I find myself lacking the brown and beige that a man of my advancing years should be enjoying. With that in mind I'm on a train from the grandly named Barnsley Interchange heading towards Dottingham (first class return please). Or Nottingham for my younger viewer.

Yes, I live in Worcestershire. No,I didn't get a train from Bewdley to Barnsley in some strange mistyping of destination hilarity.

post-3776-0-12667700-1531651251_thumb.jpg

6 minutes of fitful dozing,the blissful mini-death that brings respite from the fearful pounding of my head or the hateful,resonating 'powerunit' that seems to be mounted on time-expired Mk3 Cortina void bushes right under my nylon covered orange crate

On a Sprinter or something?

I spent 5 hours on Friday on a Class 220:

Hugh_llewelyn_220_002_%286701873995%29.j

How they can make a train to supposedly replace the IC125 which is actually more cramped, noisier and less refined is beyond me. Because DMU, I guess. Even the new ones GWR are parading around are just DMU's.

'Cross country' was a good summary of my journey, actually.

Thetford.

Of plastics fame. Cassette toilet and TMX helmets.

Hmm.

Literally nothing else of note since last missive. Although appropriately clothed seat neighbours are making the view inside somewhat more palatable. To be honest after book puke man anything is preferable.