Gold Adventurer update. Hit and run.

red5

Uneventful trip apart from more deafening-noise-ness. And some pleasant jiggling.

Met from Station by vendor of chariot of beige. Some flatness and narrow roads ensued. Top man.

Vehicle is as shown.

Gold, beige, brown, wood on doors.

Quick drive around field, very welcome drink, paperwork and 200 odd miles back along A11/14.

post-3776-0-64644400-1531690440_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

So, an update on the Adventurer.

Mrs red5 approval  - high. She like a Green Oval. Possibly because of 'get out of my way' tendencies when driving.

No1 son and no2 son  - large, mobile playground and climbing frame.With extra seats. Approved.

MPG  - 30.4 over a tank (after I driving it back from Flatland™)

Broken stuff - not much really. All still works. Apart from the missing stuff (airbags mostly. And rear step)

Leaking stuff - engine. Quite a bit, or worse because slope (the incline, not the Asian derogatory term of address) of drive.

Hardly leaking - sunroofs. Ether at all it seems. And they open and slide. Have i bought 'the one' ?

Rusty stuff - well, mostly the o/s/r damper mount and body outrigger. If you squint.

post-3776-0-58412200-1534178977_thumb.jpg

post-3776-0-84961100-1534178983_thumb.jpg

Ah. Well, not a total surprise.

Could it be more awkward? No.

Wheel and damper off. Tin procured. Much cutting and muttering. Some grinding*, not much metal.

post-3776-0-42282500-1534179186_thumb.jpg

post-3776-0-38514700-1534179193_thumb.jpg

And yay - 

post-3776-0-45127000-1534179222_thumb.jpg

Only tempered by slight denting of roof in a hilarious sequence of events. This is, of course, a lie. Apart from the dent - that is all too real, albeit fairly small.

*And marking. And recutting. And cutting second panel out of first. And restarting. And a Focus with ESP lamp on but only in first gear.

it needs something - copious amounts of oily stuff applied would stop most of it. I'll have a proper look at some point. Tempted to get rear section replaced and rest treated. We'll see. Engine oil leak is a bit much now.

• 4 weeks later...

September update.

Fuel consumption - 29mpg on mixed commute. Not bad.

Oil consumption - Exxon Valdez-like leak mostly  :-)

Everyrthing else still works.

Things to do - 

Oil leak.

Fix slow leak n/s/f.

Fix sunroof rattle.

Bleed clutch  - hmmmm

Grease stuff.

Change oils and stuff.

Vactan chassis. Or black. Or rustbuster. Or...

Actually try multi-changer.

Find a rear step.

Delay wife until she gives up trying to claim it  :-)

• 1 month later...

Update from list - 

Not really anything. Apart from trying to stop terminal sunroof rattle....I really must try the multichanger at least.

Changed a couple of bulbs. Bought some chassis stuff. Bought service parts.

Then some tosser clouted it whilst parked in town (opposite Chez L.Sterling esq.) and drove off.

post-3776-0-92801700-1541008760_thumb.jpg

post-3776-0-42044000-1541008790_thumb.jpg

Somedays I really don't like people very much at all.

On a lighter note - not missed a beat since purchase. Occasionally hard to start if tank really low - fuel filter usually 'cures' this.

Fuel consumption still not bad for awful commute/towing - 31/29/27/32 on tank for tank.

Sam, somewhat 'meh' today.

Sorry to hear about this, really boils one's piss.

People need to MTFU and come clean when they whack another car. Gone, it seems, are the days of apologetic notes and a phone number where you could sort it out amicably. The world is full of self-entitled tossers who couldn't give a fuck about other people's property especially if 'it's in the way'.

What goes around, comes around - they'll get theirs eventually.