Fact me up what is and why

hairnet

Guest Hooli

Volvo ffs!

Looks like a 242 GT ;)  I'd assume it's a 2 door saloon as it's not go the odd roofline of the coupe as far as I can see.

Yup does look like it's 'Stralia' spec, mega rare 2 door GT saloon, they even did a facelift 242 Turbo, which was very popular as a rallycross car/battering ram due to them being tank like, and opponents were in cars mostly made from GRP

I remember spending time at the University of Rhode Island back in the summer of 1997 and it seemed like every other faculty member drove a battered 242. Had never encountered them before, fell completely in love... apparently the GT version is the one to have. Noice.

Oooof lovely.

There's a bloke commutes to downtown Houston in one in a fantastic beige colour, never been able to catch him with the camera but it is a thing of beauty.

Spookily the only one I have ever seen was a beige one in Houston, I remember it was parked outside a petrol    Gas station next to a dental place by the name of BUMGARDENER. That was 12  yrs ago when my parents were ex pats in Houston.  Cant be the same car, can it?  :)

There was a 242 on the 1985 RAC, presumably a turbo, this was in the Group B days , but me and my mates would wait on every stage( sometimes at 03.00 in the snow) until that Volvo and the Monza that was running at about the same time came through.

Hairnet, did you check both sides? It could be a mythical 3 door Police car.post-17414-0-28091600-1531904094_thumb.jpeg

post-17414-0-93131800-1531904114_thumb.jpegpost-17414-0-54496000-1531904127_thumb.jpeg

Ever the anorak, when I was 8 years old I wrote a very precocious but earnest letter to Volvo AB in Goteborg asking if I could possibly have a brochure for my collection (we had no thumb-wheels or joysticks back then).   Weeks later a package came with a very nice reply containing UK language brochures for the 164, 1800s and 144.   To my complete joy (told you we had no computers) the recently-introduced 144 was accompanied by a 142 leaflet.   I was smitten.   Never got a 142 but I still have all the brochures!