Electric spray gun?

25v6turbo

Just been reading there is now RFU paint available.............................

Ready For Use no thinners needed just add to gun and away you go,who would of thought it!

It does save you thinning it yourself but at least doing it yourself, you can thin it accurately.

Any RFU I have previously used is thinned a bit too much and with a really cheap thinner

Ready for use paint off ebay is just people trying to sell 1l of paint with half a litre of thinners in when people search for "1l paint". Buy paint, buy thinners and mix it to suit your gun.

A cheap compressor and a cheap gun will get acceptable results and is a known quantity - people will be able to advise you if you have issues, and there's already loads of good tutorials etc.

You can then use that compressor for air tools etc.

Electric spray guns aren't designed for cars and nobody who's any good at spraying cars would consider one so any advice you do get will be from maniacs. Don't bother!

2K paint is bad news, no doubt, but I know people who've painted two cars a day with it for 30 years out of tiny workshops and never even worn a paper mask. They're both arseholes, but they can still breathe. It's the easiest way to get a hard wearing finish, but you might die. 

I’ve got an hvlp electric paint gun but I’ve never actually used it. It’s got an external hoover looking thing attached to the gun and the gun looks okay .

I have watched tv programs with them using something extremely similar in spay tan places .

I’d not got near 2k do it limits your choices a bit but better than getting cyanide poisoning .

But when you dont have somewhere to paint your car you cant really drag a full size compressor out into the street can you???????????

I appreciate being called a Maniac........................................

Nowt wrong with that, it's only on the same level as swapping an engine on the pavement outside your house

So reading the thread again,2K seems dodgy and not great to use outside?

So do I want to stick to cellulose filler primer and cellulose top coat if so can I get RTU top coat or will it need a laquer top coat?

Had a couple of rattle cans made to the Triumph colour and tested on an old sheet of metal and it dried with a high gloss,are most rattle cans cellulose?

What I,am slightly concerned about is the primer reacting to what paint is previously on the car,it was painted in 1984 then again about 1991?

I actually thought you were joking when you suggested breathing through a long hose pipe! How do you get enough airflow out of it so you're not just rebreathing your own carbon dioxide?

Clench the pipe in your teeth, pucker your lips around it inhaling, release on the exhale, a bit like when stealing petrol.