Dollywobbler's Rover 45 - STOP - Carry on.

dollywobbler

Looks like this is provisionally unsold. The seller of the car I was meant to be buying has vanished. Having covered over 300 miles in the Rover today, and given it an almighty spanking on the way home (in terms of cornering speed rather than OMG REVS YO), I think I'll just keep it.

Looks like this is provisionally unsold. The seller of the car I was meant to be buying has vanished. Having covered over 300 miles in the Rover today, and given it an almighty spanking on the way home (in terms of cornering speed rather than OMG REVS YO), I think I'll just keep it.

That sounds like an excellent plan.

I think you're a lot better off with this than a C5. They're a car I just can't get excited about, from a period when Citroen were at their worst IMO.

The only redeeming feature is the ad for them, which featured Jean Michel Jarre's Oxygene Part II...

I have to agree, having driven an early 110hdi across France on a number of occasions I have to say whilst very capable it was characterless and dull.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

I've been offered a C5 Hdi Exclusive estate, so am pondering a return to French motoring. That would mean that this freshly-tyred Rover is up for sale. I'm an idiot! So, anyone interested? I paid £375, it now has £150 of fresh rubber. £425?

Has working heated seats, working air con, belts by Bollox Powertrains Ltd, recent service and the brakes are all good.

EDIT - MOT March. I've been underneath and it all looks good. Only potential issues are driver's seatbelt occasionally a little unwilling to retract, passenger belt occasionally unwilling to actually come out.

All I can say with respect to c5 ownership following my 6year love hate relationship is

post-8687-0-74197000-1543003599_thumb.jpeg

The C5 plan crumbled like French interior trim in sunlight. It sold, but the seller who offered it me (for a very tempting price) didn't actually bother to tell me. Unfriendly behaviour.

But, I clocked up 300 miles in the Rover on Wednesday, which rather convinced me that I'd be a fool to sell. I've really settled into it, I've just fitted four brand new all-season tyres and those heated seats are amazing! I think I'll let it soak up a Welsh winter and then look to move it on in the New Year, when I still definitely won't have had my money's worth out of those tyres...

It has taken me a while to tune into the engine's lack of grunt. There are times, like going uphill, where you just have to accept that it isn't going to be quick. Or you have to live with 6000rpm to try and make it quick when it doesn't want to be. Not relaxing. But, it does cover distance with ease and leaves me feeling unflustered - which is pretty much my key requirement in the 'vaguely modern' slot on the fleet.