Dollywobbler's Rover 45 - STOP - Carry on.

dollywobbler

After 230 miles, I needed to do this again.

Di4oeKvXcAAOCJN.jpg

That was with quarter of a tank left, but even so, I'm going to be stopping a lot with this car! Good practice for if/when I get an EV?

The mpg was thusly.

Di4ofW4W0AI0Khj.jpg

I mean, it could be worse, but I was averaging 28mpg in a four-litre Lexus that felt like it was twice the size. The Rover is nice though.

How did you find a car that you sold in 2001?

Did it stay local and you had a squad of Brummies keeping an eye on it for you? Or has it just had the same second owner for 17 years?

Bonus Rover 820 Vitesse Mk1 and Fiat 126 Bis content in the photo - any of those owned by the Wobbler family?

How did you find a car that you sold in 2001?

Did it stay local and you had a squad of Brummies keeping an eye on it for you? Or has it just had the same second owner for 17 years?

Bonus Rover 820 Vitesse Mk1 and Fiat 126 Bis content in the photo - any of those owned by the Wobbler family?

This forum! I mentioned it several years ago, and that I'd discovered it was still taxed and clearly in use. The then owner Google'd the number plate for some reason, and found the post. Then he found me on Facebook. I think that was last year, and we've stayed in touch until he needed to shift it on.

EDIT - where's the Rover 820? All I can see is a BX. Which is confusing me. I don't remember a BX on our street other than mine, and I chopped mine in for the Matiz...

In Matiz news, here's a photo from 2001, probably shortly before I chopped it in against a Subaru Impreza. To think, the Matiz has covered about 80,000 miles since this picture was taken, but the 2CV has covered more like 120,000!

Di4xpfGXoAA3ch7.jpg

I know you said you were a Brummie Ian, but that looks like Wentworth Drive in Harborne / Bearwood

EDIT - where's the Rover 820? All I can see is a BX. Which is confusing me. I don't remember a BX on our street other than mine, and I chopped mine in for the Matiz...

errm right in the centre of the shot next door to the house with a mahooosive tree- steel grey fastback with a spoiler if i'm not mistaken

Oh yes! I see it now.

The Fiat barely moved in the time I lived there. I certainly did know the two Dougs. Not that I went there that often. I tried to get them to look at my first 2CV's brakes, and they told me they didn't work on those funny Citroens. I think I did spend several Saturdays working there at one point though.

Christ that's gone up. It was 35 quid at Kwikfit although I'm informed there is some kind of world shortage of AC gas.

I think it may still be £35 at KwikShit but gawd knows how. Garage reported that they actually filled mine with the bottle they'd paid £100 and something for last year, but the latest one they've bought cost over £300.

It's been around £60 around here (Cheshire) at Kwik Fit and independant garages for a couple of years. Had a car gassed up this week by a mobile chap who comes to your house/work and does it there. He said gas had become more expensive but he was holding 2017 prices at £59 for time being. Perhaps he is using up an existing supply.

Oh yes! I see it now.

The Fiat barely moved in the time I lived there. I certainly did know the two Dougs. Not that I went there that often. I tried to get them to look at my first 2CV's brakes, and they told me they didn't work on those funny Citroens. I think I did spend several Saturdays working there at one point though.

doug senior has gone to the big garage in the sky now and doug son of doug didnt inherit the garage!

always got a good deal on tyres with young doug

i make that 30.01338912133891 mpgees mr wobbly- not 3 bad for a growly car

shame you couldn't fill up at costco price- would've been £53.53

Not bad? That's not far off what I was averaging in the Lexus! It could be worse, but the lack of torque and the fact you have to keep revving the knackers off the thing are clearly harming economy. (did go to 7000rpm several times on that tank).

when are you picking up the matiz gti?

No idea yet. Trying to make plans for an August collection.