Dollywobbler's Rover 45 - STOP - Carry on.

dollywobbler

What a relief!!!! I'm super chuffed that you of all people have taken custodianship of this fine honk of Rovershite. Cant wait to see it in a hubnut film. Long may it carrry on needing to be filled up with juice!!!

I did start experiencing regret when the driver's window refused to close properly, but it turned out the seal had just gone a bit funny. Rover life.

This will make for a good video, utter madness. I love it. The idea of the V6 Rover 45 is quite appealing to me, I get your logic for buying it. Your enthusiasm for the Matiz is baffling but commendable, I don't know anything about them though. All in all sounds like you've had fun.

im looking forward to your continued adventures/work on all of this :) so where do plan to store all of these Awesome cars? if my maths is correct your up to 7 cars now! :)

ill say im surprised no ones pointed out that both TWC and the daewoo have 725 Reg plates :) I cant imagine there are many of these early? daewoos left on the streets today, but who woulda guessed it that when DW bought the daewoo brand new he would also get an invacar with a similar* reg nearly 20 years later  :mrgreen:

PS will we get a video on the Trike? because that thing is Fucking awesome  :mrgreen: (still boggles the mind how that thing is some how road legal LOL)

Trike is actually one of a few that use as much of the reliant so as to remain legal....

strangely a few aerial 3 'Trikes' have started to appear - Looking nothing like an aerial 3 !!!!!!

Go figure!

Trike is actually one of a few that use as much of the reliant so as to remain legal....

strangely a few aerial 3 'Trikes' have started to appear - Looking nothing like an aerial 3 !!!!!!

Go figure!

Front suspension and a frame,rear suspension, drive train,engine and chassis. Along with wheels fuel tank brakes and Speedo all as was on the car. It's certainly more legal than a lot I know of. Either a diy frame and bike engine with reliant reg number or a vw reg number with metro engine and subframe slung at the back. Love the rover. Such an understated motor with that engine.

I thought I knew most Rover Shenanigans, but never knew about a 45 in a V6 flavour. They must of made about as many of these as Panther Rios or decent TV programmes on Channel 5. Also I now find out they made OMGHGF K series in a 1.6! I feel inadequate.

You must be having a real logistical headache with all these cars now. Will we get to see a head to head of the Matiz & Nippa?

I certainly plan on it.

Today was the first time I've been out in the Rover since getting it home. It is most pleasant, though Mrs DW doesn't like that sodding seatbelt, nor the fact that the passenger wiper clears about 10% of the bit of windscreen she looks through. She also finds the seats uncomfortable. Mind you, she still reckons Mini seats are the most comfortable. Her back is that strange.

Lots of 'stuck behind people' driving today though, and pouring rain, and diversions due to a road closure. The sort of driving where you just want effortless. Ideal. It remains a lovely drive. I must vacuum the dog hair out of it and clean it up a bit.

First longer drive since getting it home. Lovely.

DiZGUvJW0AEB-8N.jpg

Only problem was some hills showing up the hilarious lack of torque. I made up for it by nudging it into Sport mode, which allows it to rev beyond 7000rpm! While not actually going very quickly. In many ways, it's an odd vehicle. Better to sit back and waft really, which suits the character of the car rather more. It's a bit like a W123 Mercedes for the Noughties. It doesn't encourage a hoon.

First longer drive since getting it home. Lovely.

DiZGUvJW0AEB-8N.jpg

Only problem was some hills showing up the hilarious lack of torque. I made up for it by nudging it into Sport mode, which allows it to rev beyond 7000rpm! While not actually going very quickly. In many ways, it's an odd vehicle. Better to sit back and waft really, which suits the character of the car rather more. It's a bit like a W123 Mercedes for the Noughties. It doesn't encourage a hoon.

Quite so - the 2.0v6 coupled to the jatco autobox in my 75 can be hilarious at times. It's lovely and smooth though.

I was supposed to be bringing it to North Wales this week, but it's currently will with my mechanic so I'm in the CDTi instead - I suspect the better car for the North Wales terrain!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

What's the ride and handling like? I gather they're set up a bit stiffer than the previous 400.

It certainly doesn't have the cosseting ride I remember from my 414 HHR, but it really isn't bad by 'modern' standards. It's about eleventy times nicer than a Subaru Impreza. Handling is good enough - steering is nice and quick, and nicely weighted, but while it'll certainly corner with gusto, it doesn't feel that comfortable doing it. Might be the odd mix of tyres responsible for that.