Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dollywobbler Does the Double - Rover 45 V6 & Daewoo Matiz

Caper

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#151 OFFLINE   clayts450

clayts450

Urban on-roader

• Full Members
  • 1,905 posts
  • 25 thanks
  • LocationNottingham

Posted 11 October 2018 - 08:20 PM

Great video mate, and lovely to see you're getting along with it.

I love my V6 too and agree it is a superb if rather expensive wafter for motorways (wind noise aside) if you want to make good progress. 

I take it you always knock it into Sport mode to get that luscious noise from a standing start ?

If there was a bit more low-down torque this'd be a monster but you're right - it's a dignified motor that doesn't befit such hooliganism :)

Is your sunroof broken, Ian, as mine does tilt and also fully slides back ?

Perhaps we can compare notes at the next Cannock if you're bringing yours. Bet yours hasn't got a lovely dent in it. Or mismatched door handles (assuming I crack that job !). And do you bang your head when getting in - I still keep doing that !

Current

2001 Rover 45 V6 Connie; 2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited CRD2004 Rover Streetwise S

Historical choddage 1986-1998 (stopped driving 1999-2016)
1969 VW Beetle 1300;  1977 Morris Marina 1.3 Super; 1983 Skoda Estelle 120L; Rover Metro; Vauxhall CorsaVauxhall Cavalier 

#152 OFFLINE   dollywobbler

dollywobbler

Mr HubNut

• Full Members
  • 27,457 posts
  • 77 thanks

Posted 11 October 2018 - 08:28 PM

Great video mate, and lovely to see you're getting along with it.

I love my V6 too and agree it is a superb if rather expensive wafter for motorways (wind noise aside) if you want to make good progress. 

I take it you always knock it into Sport mode to get that luscious noise from a standing start ?

If there was a bit more low-down torque this'd be a monster but you're right - it's a dignified motor that doesn't befit such hooliganism :)

Is your sunroof broken, Ian, as mine does tilt and also fully slides back ?

Perhaps we can compare notes at the next Cannock if you're bringing yours. Bet yours hasn't got a lovely dent in it. Or mismatched door handles (assuming I crack that job !). And do you bang your head when getting in - I still keep doing that !

I don't always engage sport mode, but when I do, I like it.

Sunroof is broken. Goes back about 1cm.

Mine has PLENTY of dents in it (ex-Eastbourne) and also has a mismatched door handle, because Reg Bollox is colour blind. :P 

Haven't smacked my head yet...

• clayts450 likes this

1972 Invacar Model 70, 1984 Reliant Fox

1986 Citroen 2CV6, 1990 Dacia 1310

1999 Daewoo Matiz, 2000 Rover 45 V6, 2001 Perodua Nippa
HubNut Blog      HubNut Vids    Twitter

#153 OFFLINE   Noel Tidybeard

Noel Tidybeard

Crinkley Bottom

• Full Members
  • 3,967 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationSolihulldontchakno

Posted 11 October 2018 - 10:41 PM

obviously what this rhonda needs is a spare airbox that you can drill strategically placed*, highly accurate* holes in for maximum aural pleasure without having to lower the mpg thrash the bejesus out of it :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

*i honestly didnt do this with an mg maestro  ;-)

07 Civic spaceship- daily
93 Renner 19 RNi- sulking
89 Sunnay L premium- hiding

Only a complete wank-puffin has a personalised licence plate on a Ford Mondeo!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users