*Base* Yaris 28,000 miles, year 2000, Bridgend S.Wales

jon.k

I hope this is of interest to someone on here as I would like to see it go to a good home.

Base spec Yaris (wind up windows, cassette player, no power steering)

1.0L

28,000 miles

Bought new by my aunt in 2000, and it has been in my family ever since. My gran, mum and sister have been the other owners. It has had a pretty sheltered life but for the last 2 or 3 years it has been used more than it ever was when it was new, and there have been no problems with it. I know everyone who has ever driven it, I think!

My sister has just bought a Passat because she needed more space, so this is no longer needed. She tells me that cosmetically it is great but with a dent on one door, which I will get pictures of in a couple of days.

Bonus early registration madness, too! The numberplate contained my Aunt's initials so she had it transferred through a couple of mk2 fiestas, several rover metro 100s, then on to this.

There has to be a lot of life left in this. Does £650 sound reasonable? 

Having just sold my own car I don't really want the stress of selling one as a favour for someone else, so to protect my own sanity I will leave the advert up here for 48 hrs and if it isn't floating anyone's boat I'll delete the post and get my sister to advertise it as usual.

post-24329-0-30602300-1531431466_thumb.jpeg

Any rust? Could know someone interested.

Advisory notice item(s)
  • Front Anti-roll bar rubber bush deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement both sides (2.4.G.2)
  • Front Macpherson strut corroded but not seriously weakened (2.4.G.1)
  • Rear coil spring corroded both (2.4.C.1b)
  • Rear Sub-frame rubber bush deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement (2.4.G.2)
  • Rear Sub-frame corroded but not seriously weakened (2.4.G.1)

been on the last few MOTs but if the location is coastal as the picture suggests it might want looking at

I haven’t looked underneath it recently but I will see if I can get some pictures if anyone is interested. I think it is the kind of thing a wire brush and underseal will keep I check, but will confirm. The rust won’t be sea-related though, it hasn’t been that close to the coast.

Well it turns out my sister hadn’t wanted to admit to me that she scraped it on her gatepost after a bad day at work about a month ago. My dad then carried out an expert giffer repair. He says he didn’t use filler, just sanded it back and used a few coats of primer.

This was only a few weeks ago and the wheel arch was perfect before so there’s probably time to strip it back and do a proper job if you wanted to.

post-24329-0-97044700-1531467883_thumb.jpeg

post-24329-0-61837800-1531467909_thumb.jpeg

post-24329-0-61962000-1531467921_thumb.jpeg

Nice example. I remember back after the launch of the original Yaris the local newspaper ran a competition giving away a base model Yaris as a prize. I entered but didn't win. If I did then it would have been appreciated as I was leaving education and seeking employment at that time.

If she had a proper job this would be ideal for my daughter who passed her test on tuesday but at 18 I daren't think what the insurance will be

Not TOOOO criminal for girls, but most likely 4 figures just.

If you put a black box in less but who would do that to their children? I couldn't plus the fact we used the car occasionally his premium works have been eleventy million pounds the next year!!!!

They are extremely tough cars. We had another one in the family which got sold a couple of months ago. That one had three learner drivers and a lifetime of abuse, and it never put a foot wrong either. I did my time driving that around, otherwise I'd be taking this Yaris like a shot. It's had an easy life.

I'll leave the ad up because apparently it will only be going on gumtree in a couple of weeks.