Skoda Favorit £700

Fabergé Greggs

Right! I'm off to see this in about 1 hour.

$_86.JPG

It's lovely old bloke who's selling it and he seems to have every bit of history from new. The first owner was his best mate. 8000 miles! I suppose it'll have some niggles if I press it into service given it's infrequent use..

My main concern is this however: Why the flip does it appear to be in the red when sitting idling? Duff fan? Has it now overheated or is that just where they sit?
$_86.JPG

The guy reckons the temp sender is the wrong one, it just seems to generally read a little high. There’s receipts to back that up.. talking of receipts, the history is incredible. 8000 flipping miles with an oil change every year for 25 years. That’s 320 miles per oil change.

Naturally I bought it.

The guy reckons the temp sender is the wrong one, it just seems to generally read a little high. There’s receipts to back that up.. talking of receipts, the history is incredible. 8000 flipping miles with an oil change every year for 25 years. That’s 320 miles per oil change.

Naturally I bought it.

For once, where that age old saying of “not even run in yet...” actually rings true!!

Well bought ;)

Is it the LXi or LXiE version? Difference is the 'i' is 54bhp, and the E is 67bhp, with the miles that low, I'd say as soon as it goes on a long run it will most likely suffer OMGHGF, but it's pretty easy to do with it being an OHV engine, also E spec versions have the annoying factory fitted engine immobiliser with the key to the right of the dash, when I sold my late model Fav, the next owner removed that. These aren't bad on fuel, and the rear seat is completely removable in under 5 mins, to make a very very handy van

My dad had one of these when I was growing up, a favorit forum.

You could tune the radio (LW/MW only) to the engine. Think engine sounds played back through a Gameboy.

That ate its head gasket at least once but was astonishingly reliable otherwise.

i think it got traded in past 150k so they go a on a bit. congrats on the poichas.

I’ll never forget a mate of mine bought one of these in that fairly ‘apparent’ green colour back in 2009. He was successful in property, but fell in love with his Skoda and drove it all around the country keeping various appointments. It would have been pretty old by then, but resembled something twice its age. He absolutely adored it, and it was as much a part of the family as his fat headed Labrador and buxom fiancée.

Well bought J2S. Hope to see it around.