Stolen MGBGT

richardmorris

I hate the fact that scumbags steal other peoples shit and if I caught someone trying to take one of mine my response would be totally disproportionate to the actual crime. Indeed it would probably involve lining the boot of the ML with thick polythene, a shovel and a sack of lime.

So, whilst I feel for this owner, I had to smile at the fact there's no decent pictures- we don't even know what wheels it has. But...the fact it has a negative earth rev counter in a positive earth car will instantly identify it to all!

Can you imagine the look on the Copper's face that took that description?

The BGT seems to have finally got hip here in London. I saw a yoof driving one - values are going to drive this kind of nastyness

Tax and MOT exempt plus the cool Britannia vibe maybe. Perhaps I should keep mine longer incase their values shoot up again.

I'm not too genned up on disposal of bodies.

Perhaps some kind soul could post up an idiots guide. I wonder if that car might be heading for Europe, I suppose it would be easy to ring and sell here, but maybe fetch more in Germany or somewhere and zero chance of getting caught.

There is an edit post function on the forum btw. (That I tend to over use correcting my many mistakes!) ;)

I have been tempted to sell my TT and daily the MGB around town. However the Aircon in the TT is a welcome escape. Plus graphite release bearings aren't the best things in heavy city traffic.

I put one of those yellow Diskloks on mine. The small size one just about fits around the wheel with a bit of a squidge. Hopefully will put most of the arseholes off around Bristol from nicking it. They mostly seemed to be focused on Motorbikes at the moment anyway.

There is an edit post function on the forum btw. (That I tend to over use correcting my many mistakes!) ;)

I have been tempted to sell my TT and daily the MGB around town. However the Aircon in the TT is a welcome escape. Plus graphite release bearings aren't the best things in heavy city traffic.

I drove one as a daily for four years and it was brilliant (mpg aside). The only issue I had was with the damned door button freezing up in winter. It was easy to use a heat pack to melt it enough for it to go in but it would then stick in so the door wouldn’t stay closed. I just used a bungee across from the other door and all was good unless you were too enthusiastic on roundabouts and it would start to open. I tried all sorts of sprays and tonics, stripped it and repacked it with grease but nothing worked. I still miss the GT and would love another. Hope this one gets found soon.

I drove one as a daily for four years and it was brilliant (mpg aside). The only issue I had was with the damned door button freezing up in winter. It was easy to use a heat pack to melt it enough for it to go in but it would then stick in so the door wouldn’t stay closed. I just used a bungee across from the other door and all was good unless you were too enthusiastic on roundabouts and it would start to open. I tried all sorts of sprays and tonics, stripped it and repacked it with grease but nothing worked. I still miss the GT and would love another. Hope this one gets found soon.

Same here for three years, aside from a shit heater and not great fuel consumption (they really were about the only downsides I agree) and the need for rigourous maintenance, my '69 BGT was fine.

As someone else commented, time has been kind to its looks, I don't particularly want another but the 60's ones still look good to me (better than the roadster IMO).

I'm not a fan of the Roadster either, the GT looks a much better shape in my eyes. My favourite is still a rubber bumper orange (whatever BL called it) with the Special Tuning front splitter. I.e. the one that I really liked in the garage around the corner but was rotten as a pear.