2001 Civic now only £200. Last chance of life for this.

doubleyeller

Hi all, I took this as a partex from yehitsryan who needed the Lancer. The only problem is I don't want it lol

So here it is in all it's glories* 108,000 and MOT till December. A few spots of rust, overall it's ok and the dash change is a fun break from the norm. He drove it 250 miles to partex it so seems to run ok... It's got a new sump and brake lines. The sump gasket has been poorly fitted, and there is a small oil leak because of this £300 or £5 a ticket

post-20279-0-05603700-1530966600_thumb.jpg

post-20279-0-27894600-1530966618_thumb.jpg

Located in Chard Somerset.

They're not especially ace, but are pretty dreadful to get rid of.

Call in the crusher.

These (and I speak from 2 days experience) are absolutely  and totally ace! The power it has is absolutely staggering for a 1.4 and dash change is a fun and interesting quirk :) - personally I would definitely keep it if I were:

1) Not going travelling

2)Had the facilities to get the sump gasket sorted - been quoted £150 for this

£5 a ticket? It's a great roffle in my big headed opinion....

I think at £2 a ticket it could be a laugh, but £5 for a dull car which needs work?

Maybe it's just me, the last roffle i ran was £1.50 a ticket and I could have weighed it in for more than that..

Dull car my fucking arse! Goes like a rocket, dash change, bouncy as fuck. Whats not to like?

• 2 weeks later...

Right then people, due to the lack of enthusiasm I am going to offer this car one last shot at life. The autobreaker place that was mentioned on here as offering generous bridge prices has quoted a bit over £200, but I prefer not to kill a viable car so if anyone wants this at a rock bottom bargain £200 please get in touch

The Lancer is great mate. Not as good on petrol as I thought I would be. However I think it will take me a bit of time to get use to it. Probably only getting 350 mile to a tank at the minute

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's about all you're going to get from a large car with a 1.6 petrol in it I suppose. Basically they're a bit underpowered for the weight of the car, a 2 litre non turbo would probably actually return better economy...

That's about all you're going to get from a large car with a 1.6 petrol in it I suppose. Basically they're a bit underpowered for the weight of the car, a 2 litre non turbo would probably actually return better economy...

What was the most you ever got one run out the Lancer?

I now own this, albeit temporarily...

My insurance company were a bit huffy about covering it on a multicar policy, quoting £1070, so I told them to stuff it.

Then my uncle messaged me to say his Renault Scenic diesel had shat it's turbo and did I know of any bangers for sale...

Well, he's not new to Autoshite having owned the ex Station / Barmatt Nippa previously.

I now own this, albeit temporarily...

My insurance company were a bit huffy about covering it on a multicar policy, quoting £1070, so I told them to stuff it.

Then my uncle messaged me to say his Renault Scenic diesel had shat it's turbo and did I know of any bangers for sale...

Well, he's not new to Autoshite having owned the ex Station / Barmatt Nippa previously.

Glad it lives on for a bit longer!