Truckman top 
Power steering 
Tow bar 
Orange beacon 

43234702821_f59a2e8660_c.jpgRJC_2425 by srblythe, on Flickr

43234701251_5eeeb848e4_c.jpgRJC_2428 by srblythe, on Flickr

28365188837_00b78118e9_c.jpgRJC_2430 by srblythe, on Flickr

43234705311_8e75f41edc_c.jpgRJC_2422 by srblythe, on Flickr

Great condition overall and solid underneath - doesn't require any welding. 
It drives really well, brakes are good, engine is quiet and smooth, starts up fine. 
It's a cool little pickup, drives much like a car apart from the rear leaf spring suspension being a little stiffer 
It isn't showroom condition - there's a scrape on the back quarter next to the fuel cap but other than that it's pretty decent. 
There's no service history but going by the condition and low mileage it has definitely been well cared for over the years. 
Genuine reason for sale - Bought a Ranger which is more suited to my needs so this is now surplus to requirements. 

Asking £925 on Bumtree but will knock a bit off of that on here.

I think the overall Barry-ness of it seems to attract the wrong kinda buyers, every facebook wheeler dealer type has messaged to ask "What's the lowest I'd take" or my "Best price"...

I had a guy turn up yesterday who drove it around and complained that the rear suspension was bouncy - It's a fucking leaf sprung pickup what the fuck did he expect, he then went on to ask "Did it come like that?" Like what I asked? "A pickup?" Of course it came like that, I didn't fucking make it myself, if I had it would have looked something like this...

21473081214_6bfa72e5f2_c.jpgDSC_6219 by srblythe, on Flickr

Another guy came this morning, checked over every inch of it, took it for a 10 minute test drive along the A92 and back then we put it on the ramp for closer inspection then stood about considering it, asked me if I was interested in an Alfa 147 (I wasn't) then agreed to buy it for £700, shook my hand then fucked off to get the money together which he says might be in his account by tonight, tomorrow or possibly Monday. He didn't leave a deposit.

I've been offered a mk4 golf, Peugeot 107 and a Fiat van of some description.

Sold!

The guy from this morning has went in a huff because "he was definitely buying it" but failed to leave a deposit or get the money together and I sold it to someone else who turned up, handed over the cash and left happy with their new Proton pickup.

I do feel like a bit of a cunt but the amount of times I've heard "I'll definitely buy it" only to be strung along until they find something better and offer up a lame excuse as to why they are no longer able to buy it.

In my experience if you want something, go see it and hand over the money.

No deposee, no holdee. Simple as that, talk is cheap but lies are expensive (in the words of the song), if you can't leave even £50 as a deposit then chances are you aren't serious as you probably haven't got the money anyway.

You're quite right to do what you did, I'd have done (& have in the past) exactly the same.

Nice truck, glad it was at the opposite end of the country else I'd have been tempted!

Its for the best - I fully understand when people want to take a few days to think about it or need time to swap money between accounts to withdraw it or something when its an expensive car, but in the sub 2k price range I find that the only serious people are the ones who turn up and buy it there and then or at least leave a hefty deposit. 

The thing is I took some better photos, wrote a better description and re-listed it for a little bit more on Gumtree and the same guy messaged saying it had come up in his search and asked if I had re-listed it because "He was definitely buying it". I thought that if he was really serious about buying it he wouldn't be going home to search for other ones for sale.

I told him that after he had viewed it this morning I had taken the opportunity to give it a wash, take some better pics and relist it which I had planned on doing even before he had turned up to view it.

Apparently that was "bad form" because we shook on it and there was "no need" for me to do that.

I've pretty much always bought cars on the spot with cash. A couple I've done bank transfers (with trade sellers), with the Mazda I left £50 with him. I think on shiters, there has to be some commitment there and then.

Where has this 'best price' shit come from? I never remember my father going in the Co-Op and asking what the best price on fucking eggs was.

Were buying cars here not a handbag in a market in Tehran. You turn up, look at it, make an offer, in person bizarrely enough.

I got absolutely sick of people turning up who knew fuck all about anything let alone cars, with all this faceless best price stuff.

"Best price"? It's all rather Brewer/Wheeler Dealer-speak isn't it. But it's been used for years by people who want to give the impression they are "In the trade" (ie: in the know so to speak) and to cover up the fact that usually they know fuck-all about cars and are actually chancing dickheads with big ideas and no brains or money.

Its for the best - I fully understand when people want to take a few days to think about it or need time to swap money between accounts to withdraw it or something when its an expensive car, but in the sub 2k price range I find that the only serious people are the ones who turn up and buy it there and then or at least leave a hefty deposit. 

Simple - sub £1K, cash there and then.

Above that, at least 10% deposit in cash. 

Any genuine buyer won't have an issue with this. 

"Best price"? It's all rather Brewer/Wheeler Dealer-speak isn't it. But it's been used for years by people who want to give the impression they are "In the trade" (ie: in the know so to speak) and to cover up the fact that usually they know fuck-all about cars and are actually chancing dickheads with big ideas and no brains or money.

When I bought a car a week or so ago, I didn't make shitehawk offers over he phone, I just went with actual money in my hand. From speaking to others this 'best price' stuff is from Arabic tradition of aggressive haggling.