Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
Sold

'02 Corsa 1.2 Auto 26k Miles..

Sold

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   sims00

sims00

• Full Members
  • 443 posts
  • 4 thanks

Posted 01 July 2018 - 06:41 PM

Hi all.

Not mine, but Mrs Sims00's vehicle up for sale. She's just purchased a Mito (always wanted one) so this lovely thing is available.

Advertised elsewhere for more, but the price is firm at £1100 for shiters discount.

It will have a full 12 months ticket either from tomorrow or Tuesday. Currently expires end of July.

DETAILS

26,000 genuine miles. The cliche of we bought it from an old lady who died is sadly true in this case. The son took it on, serviced and garaged it after she died, and sold it as part of her estate. It was always kept indoors and the condition shows.

Decent service history too; plenty of receipts, 2 keys and lots of recent work done. In our ownership I have had the following done: Full service comprising of oil/filter, air/pollen/fuel filter, NGK spark plugs. Also 2 Bosch aero wipers, 2 new rear Continental tyres to match the fronts, fresh brake fluid, air-con regas (blows ice cold), new discs and pads on the front, and a new NSF CV boot. We will as a bonus for the new owner, leave in the JVC bluetooth unit. It's fab, stream music through it and also make/receive phone calls legally. Due to me being over protective, I have done work on the car whenever it needed. 

Auto-box is fine, shifts smooth and really well. Car idles perfectly, no knocks/leaks at all, engine is absolutely lovely. No tappets/knocking, just a smooth idle and smooth drive; how it should be!

Exterior wise, save for 2 issues, it really is in brilliant condition. There is a ding to the rear plastic part of the bumper on the OSR, and a light scuff to the NSF corner. Giffer bumps, not Mrs Sims00!

Interior wise, it's as if nobody actually ever sat in it. Save a few minor marks near the stereo area (me being a little heavy handed removing the stock unit) it's still got that almost brand new smell inside. Even the original Corsa mats.

I'm based in Cradley as you all know. This little thing is a fantastic car, and, I am actually sad we have to sell it. It was Mrs Sims00 first car, so I have that sentiment attached to it, and the fact I took great pride in looking after it for her. I hope this finds a caring home, the car has many many years left in it!

Ta!

Attached Images

• 20180701_115949.jpg
  • 20180701_115957.jpg
  • 20180701_120011.jpg
  • 20180701_120021.jpg
  • 20180701_120030.jpg
  • 20180701_120040.jpg
  • 20180701_120049.jpg
  • 20180701_120058.jpg
  • 20180701_120148.jpg
  • 20180701_143047.jpg
  • IMG-20180701-WA0009.jpg
  • IMG-20180701-WA0006.jpg

• DVee8, dougiefourspeed and oldcars like this

#2 OFFLINE   vaughant

vaughant

• Full Members
  • 821 posts
  • 11 thanks

Posted 01 July 2018 - 06:59 PM

Did a spray job on one of those once and it's a really nice colour in the light. I always liked that shape Corsa, I know it got a bit abused by it's youthful generation but up until about 2010 it was effectively the same car so can't be all bad.

#3 OFFLINE   Lacquer Peel

Lacquer Peel

• Full Members
  • 9,818 posts
  • 28 thanks

Posted 01 July 2018 - 07:12 PM

What's the transmission in these, is it the favourite* automated manual?

#4 ONLINE   sims00

sims00

• Full Members
  • 443 posts
  • 4 thanks

Posted 01 July 2018 - 07:16 PM

What's the transmission in these, is it the favourite* automated manual?

Not sure, I think it's the easytronic or something? Can manually shift it through the gears too. Just realised it has a "snow" mode too. 

#5 OFFLINE   r.welfare

r.welfare

Lee 'Scratch' Perry

• Full Members
  • 4,335 posts
  • 5 thanks
  • LocationUP YOURS DELORS

Posted 01 July 2018 - 07:47 PM

Looks like an automated manual from the gear-lever, not the usual Vx upturned 3-wood. GLWS.

Shiteless for the foreseeable future

#6 OFFLINE   dougiefourspeed

dougiefourspeed

• Full Members
  • 313 posts
  • 6 thanks
  • LocationBumming-on-sea.

Posted 01 July 2018 - 08:13 PM

Aye. Easytronic was an automated manual. Looks a cracker, I doubt you’ll have much trouble selling that.

#7 ONLINE   sims00

sims00

• Full Members
  • 443 posts
  • 4 thanks

Posted 02 July 2018 - 05:18 PM

Failed MOT on a broken OSF spring. It's getting a new one tomorrow morning and after that a full years ticket with no advisories. It really is fabulously clean underneath.

#8 OFFLINE   chodweaver

chodweaver

• Full Members
  • 1,674 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationCongleton

Posted 02 July 2018 - 05:27 PM

I think these were quite well protected underneath - Mrs CW's vomit coloured Y reg one just had a new back box. When prepping it for the tyre bay's attention, I found just two small patches of surface rust at the back end. And it gets little love from me and was roundly neglected by the previous owners. Colour me impressed.

Glwts
  • sims00 likes this

Vomit colour Corsa 1.4 Comfort badermatic (the one constant, reliable thing in my life /Quentin)

XM 2.1 SEDTurbo (leaky driveway ornament)

Chrysler Graf Spee Limited 3.3 + LPG (suspected OMGHG, ABS, AC and driver's seat heater failures)

LT Multicruiser (guest bedroom and backup kitchen)

Mk1 MR2 (rumours of its health are lies)

(I'm sure I've forgotten at least one...)

#9 ONLINE   sims00

sims00

• Full Members
  • 443 posts
  • 4 thanks

Posted 03 July 2018 - 03:41 PM

Brand spanking new coil spring, and a fresh ticket. Curiously, there is a typo in one of the MOT's...it jumps by over 100k miles in a year...clearly a typo. The mileage/condition is blindingly obvious it's low and consistent. 

Still for sale! Mrs Sims picks her new one up on the weekend so this ideally needs to go

#10 ONLINE   sims00

sims00

• Full Members
  • 443 posts
  • 4 thanks

Posted 10 July 2018 - 11:07 AM

Sold today for the full asking price of £1200 to a very nice chap as his first car. 

• Jim Bell, oldcars and Wingz123 like this

#11 OFFLINE   oldcars

oldcars

• Full Members
  • 5,854 posts
  • 29 thanks

Posted 10 July 2018 - 11:24 AM

That's a clean wee car. Love the factory mats.

• sims00 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sold

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users