West Sussex chod assembly - Whiteways Cafe Arundel, Sat 25th August @ 2pm

dozeydustman

Grrr this is looking highly unlikely for me.....We are due in Bognor Sunday afternoon for a birthday bash.  My cunning, male-oriented plan was to do Arundel with you chaps, find somewhere to kip in the van and head to Bognor Sunday where we already have a car park lined up for overnight accomodation.   Unfortunately this particular avenue is only available to us on the Sunday night. 

Now Mrs Rocker is grumbling about not being able to get ready on Saturday if she has kipped in the van overnight which is not built with lady-pampering, hair styling and multiple frock choosage in mind.   She doesn't mind unravelling everything After the Event but not before, apparently... 

Evidently, my use of Gents toilets to wash hair, shave and put on a three piece is not to be condoned or imitated.   Going to a David Lloyd or somewhere is being considered - well its being considered with little more than Hmmmm. at the moment - the same Hmmmm that follows suggestions about selling a two bed house in the overcrowded South Coast and moving to somewhere with a barn in Abergavenny. 

Mark me as possible, although very doubtful and certainly don't order an extra espresso....

Hi mercrocker, if its just a case of not wanting to drive there and back twice in two days I'd be happy to come and pick you up. I know I dont know where you live but I know it's only a couple of miles from here.

Hi mercrocker, if its just a case of not wanting to drive there and back twice in two days I'd be happy to come and pick you up. I know I dont know where you live but I know it's only a couple of miles from here.

And there's a spare room (and bathroom for Mrs Merc) in Portsmouth if that helps.

I never go anywhere without a a fairly comprehensive tool kit as you never know what you might need for a little tinkering that might be the difference between making it home or needing the AA. So yes there will be tools available.

I never go anywhere without a a fairly comprehensive tool kit as you never know what you might need for a little tinkering that might be the difference between making it home or needing the AA. So yes there will be tools available.

Same here. Oddly I’ve never needed them!

I’m a firm believer in preventive tool and spare carrying. If you have it, you won’t need it. Worked so far!

I've lobbed some assorted shite I really want to get shot of motoring related delights in a box ready for a help yourself free for all.

I hope you'll all be able to contain yourselves, rather than breaking into fisticuffs over who gets the crosland air filter to suit a Proton MPI

I 'd like the  Vauxhell 1.6  16 v head (x16xel ) , stretch bolts,  and head set please  :-D

Right. I've got the Saab's battery on charge, again, will get it tested in the morning at a place that doesn't take it out back and walk back 3 minutes later with an "It's fine mate".

I'll get there a little earlier, say around 1:45 to find a decent area to park up. There is a tarmac car park on the right as you go in, but immediately after the entrance there is also another parking area through a gate on the left which leads to a grassy parking area (Map below).

post-24583-0-39874400-1535117009_thumb.jpeg

Keep an eye out for the smokey Saab estate (G17 REA) or Corolla (V180RBP), or a tall fat bloke wearing one of Dollywobbler's invacar T-shirts with (more than likely) a roll-up on the go. Will be bringing a simple selection of tools (socket set, jack, ramps, stands) just in case.

BBQ afterwards - this can still go ahead for those who want to come along, one of the wife's car mad friends may be coming over anyway, so I'm sure anyone that does come along will get on with her (she's single, FYI). Is a 10 plate VW Eos modern shite or just shit?

As said previously unfortunately I'm not in a position to put people up as spare bedroom is unavailable (read: full of crap we've yet to sort through), but maybe next gathering.

See you tomorrow!

Glen

Ive just dug the Triumph out ready as Mrs Yoss is out in the Felly at the mo. This is more hassle than it sounds as our drive takes two cars in line and the garage is behind that so to get it out normally involves getting all three cars out then putting them back in a different order all the while keeping an eye out for the council van that comes round sporadically to check parking permits (we only have a permit on one car as they're thirty quid each). So it's considerably easier, 33.3% easier to be precise, if one car is missing.

Anyway it seems to work. I'll give it a proper check later but I think I'm ready.

Thanks all for an enjoyable afternoon, it was great to finally put faces to names and have an eclectic collection of cars gathered together.

Special mention to Dozydustman for somehow getting everyone in the same place at the same time - No mean feat!

Anyway, a few pics...

c36339cb6c9940740989627711fa9afb.jpg3c085a701a1adb2b3163a7f6aba55bc5.jpge41ab3f051a789632ba2031b48ef38f0.jpgaf3cd61bc4d3ca3836265352a4e9aa4c.jpg41cbae1779fea5fb8346490ba1697319.jpga8773b112005b1ec6ba54faee8ae91e9.jpg9425cd5e1f070d8650ba59767abcbd8b.jpg