West Sussex chod assembly - Whiteways Cafe Arundel, Sat 25th August @ 2pm

dozeydustman

Yes indeed. Been away for a few days without the interwebs.

2pm at Whiteways Cafe, Arundel. Cartographic below

Can I come ?

I’ve been there before for an x1/9 meeting but as it’s being sulky with sticking calipers after its car show appearance yesterday it will have to be the daily merc.

Always fancied one of those Celica's so keen to have a butchers at yours.

Only thing that springs to mind is brake cables with a dog leg at each end - but only if you're swimming in them yourself! How about you, need anything bringing down?

I'll have a look, I'm fairly sure I have some. Any specific length or just any that turn up? I'm OK for bits currently, I need to get back on the case really - I've been slacking off the mowers while its been so dry but need to get a few projects fixed up.

More than happy to chuck the keys at anyone interested in the Celica. I think Mitsisigma01 has made noises to the same effect. its slightly cosmetically challenged but I'm hoping to fit the replacement ABS sensor Sat morning so it might be all fixed by the time I get there in the early afternoon.

Please Stanky, I'll whang the battery on charge tomorrow after work, and get it tested. In a way I hope the battery is the fault as at least I'll get a replacement sent (I hope). It's more for turning the alarm siren off (if possible) than anything else so I can park it at work or overnight at home without the alarm going off every 5 seconds!

Please Stanky, I'll whang the battery on charge tomorrow after work, and get it tested. In a way I hope the battery is the fault as at least I'll get a replacement sent (I hope). It's more for turning the alarm siren off (if possible) than anything else so I can park it at work or overnight at home without the alarm going off every 5 seconds!

No problem, I'll bring it along with me.

Mitsi has regained her ability to stop when required with new brake lines so we should be good to attend . Is dancapriman going , I need to return his flaring tool , kindly loaned to me a while back

I should be there yes!

Ooof I might pop along the the fiesta  :-D  its only an hour away

Oh yes please. I’d like to see your Fester too!

I’ll most likely be in the ovloV, though I need to empty everything out the back of it first as it’s full of Capri seats!

I’d almost forgotten about this tbh, didn’t the date come around quickly.

I should be there yes!

Oh yes please. I’d like to see your Fester too!

I’ll most likely be in the ovloV, though I need to empty everything out the back of it first as it’s full of Capri seats!

I’d almost forgotten about this tbh, didn’t the date come around quickly.

Please don't park near mine , it'll make mine look even worse  :-(

Grrr this is looking highly unlikely for me.....We are due in Bognor Sunday afternoon for a birthday bash.  My cunning, male-oriented plan was to do Arundel with you chaps, find somewhere to kip in the van and head to Bognor Sunday where we already have a car park lined up for overnight accomodation.   Unfortunately this particular avenue is only available to us on the Sunday night. 

Now Mrs Rocker is grumbling about not being able to get ready on Saturday if she has kipped in the van overnight which is not built with lady-pampering, hair styling and multiple frock choosage in mind.   She doesn't mind unravelling everything After the Event but not before, apparently... 

Evidently, my use of Gents toilets to wash hair, shave and put on a three piece is not to be condoned or imitated.   Going to a David Lloyd or somewhere is being considered - well its being considered with little more than Hmmmm. at the moment - the same Hmmmm that follows suggestions about selling a two bed house in the overcrowded South Coast and moving to somewhere with a barn in Abergavenny. 

Mark me as possible, although very doubtful and certainly don't order an extra espresso....

Grrr this is looking highly unlikely for me.....We are due in Bognor Sunday afternoon for a birthday bash.  My cunning, male-oriented plan was to do Arundel with you chaps, find somewhere to kip in the van and head to Bognor Sunday where we already have a car park lined up for overnight accomodation.   Unfortunately this particular avenue is only available to us on the Sunday night. 

Now Mrs Rocker is grumbling about not being able to get ready on Saturday if she has kipped in the van overnight which is not built with lady-pampering, hair styling and multiple frock choosage in mind.   She doesn't mind unravelling everything After the Event but not before, apparently... 

Evidently, my use of Gents toilets to wash hair, shave and put on a three piece is not to be condoned or imitated.   Going to a David Lloyd or somewhere is being considered - well its being considered with little more than Hmmmm. at the moment - the same Hmmmm that follows suggestions about selling a two bed house in the overcrowded South Coast and moving to somewhere with a barn in Abergavenny. 

Mark me as possible, although very doubtful and certainly don't order an extra espresso....

Take her swimming at Butlins on Sunday morning , shit , shower and shave sorted for Sunday afternoon !!

There's nothing else in the calendar so more than likely I will be there in the Saab! Looking forward to it.

Anyone know if dogs are allowed in the cafe? Might bring Maisie too if so.

The cafe's in a public country park, see plenty of people walking dogs. Most of their seating is outside. Waiting for a confirmation reply from their facebook page (no website)

Looks like I’m uk bound, so it would be rude not too.

No idea what i’ll Be in though! Probably something obscure

Obscure and French?

Somehow I've only just seen this thread. And it actually coincides with my day off this week. I was planning on digging the Triumph out anyway as it's my long weekend.

This sounds like a good reason to give it a nice run out. Avoid the M/A27, probably the A272 from Winchester to Petworth and then drop down. I know it wont be fast on a summer Saturday but it shouldn't have any traffic jams on it.

Wouldn't be able to make the bbq afterwards though.