West Sussex chod assembly - Whiteways Cafe Arundel, Sat 25th August @ 2pm

dozeydustman

As I was unable to make the local mini-meet in April and shitefest this year in my 6 months membership, is there anyone in the south coast area fancy meeting up mid-late August?

I know a nice spot near Chichester with good views over the South Downs which has a burger van & Mr Softee parked up most days, I will also be able to throw an BBQ at dustbin towers in the evening for those who don't have nagging wives inclined provided we go past Aldi on the way back and the gathering is smollish! You can also drool over Mrs D's V-reg Corolla

I'll find a couple more good spots locally which have deluxe* catering facilities and go for a late lunchtime meet-up. The Saturday is looking the more viable option as I noticed earlier Mrs D has pencilled something in on the calendar for the Friday. It may involve her getting drunk and me having to rescue her.

Seaside or country scenes - what's your preference?

Nothing seems to be on the website for the motor circuit, possibly a private meet or corporate function would be going ahead. 

The gee-gees will be racing that weekend as part of their bank holiday family weekender. Doubt we'll see a Dacia 1300 being towed by a horse a la Borat though.

The Spitfires may be out to play.

It's very likely one of the spots I had in mind for this meet up will be inundated with horsey types, so Goodwood Hill may be out of the running and "the Triangle" would possibly not have its vans if being used as overflow horsey parking. I can have a look along the A259 region either side of Chichester - say between Worthing and Pompey should give us plenty of choice. Bracklesham and The Witterings will be bumper to bumper traffic. Plenty of time to find somewhere over the next week or two.

Nothing seems to be on the website for the motor circuit, possibly a private meet or corporate function would be going ahead.

The gee-gees will be racing that weekend as part of their bank holiday family weekender. Doubt we'll see a Dacia 1300 being towed by a horse a la Borat though.

The Spitfires may be out to play.

It's very likely one of the spots I had in mind for this meet up will be inundated with horsey types, so Goodwood Hill may be out of the running and "the Triangle" would possibly not have its vans if being used as overflow horsey parking. I can have a look along the A259 region either side of Chichester - say between Worthing and Pompey should give us plenty of choice. Bracklesham and The Witterings will be bumper to bumper traffic. Plenty of time to find somewhere over the next week or two.

What about Goring Gap? No idea on traffic though when it's busy

What about Goring Gap? No idea on traffic though when it's busy

Good suggestion. A259 along there can get a bit horrendous at a weekend especially as you approach Worthing. Assuming you meant Goring by Sea as opposed to Goring on Thames.

I also had in mind a little place north of Arundel on the A29 which has plenty of parking plus a cafe; popular with the local motorcyclists