Generous Project Tag - Pug 405 GTX XUD Turbo

davehedgehog31

Right, progress of sorts.

Basically, the little motor that works the recirculating air flap was goosed, the recirculating air I could do without but I couldn't abide the constant buzzing and gnashing noise as the thing hopelessly tried to turn.

The motors are like hens teeth and replacing it looks like an undertaking on a par with the construction of Heathrow terminal 5, or withdrawing from the European Union. Thus, to "fix" I decided to simply disconnect the motor, steps to do so.

1. Remove glovebox.

2. Locate impossibly positioned, fiddly plastic electrical connector only accessible with fingertips when lying prone half in and half out of the vehicle.

3. Assemble all known friends and acquaintances and take detailed measurements of their hands. Devise a complex equation to work out the total handmass of each individual.

4. Dismiss all except the one with dolls hands and have them disconnect said connector.

5. Bandage and soothe their scuffed and bleeding appendages.

What a fucking palaver.

56fdb94f02ff7e85a209f3212595d46e.jpg

Sent from my Moto C Plus using Tapatalk

I always want a 405 when I dont have one. When I do have one, I want to sell it. No idea why.

Would you like mine? Should solve the problem; you would have a 405, but as the working engine is still in a 206 you can't drive it and it wouldn't be worth selling.

It comes with an impending bill for fitting the engine, but also some ready cash when yhe 206 gets weighed in.

Right, progress of sorts.

Basically, the little motor that works the recirculating air flap was goosed, the recirculating air I could do without but I couldn't abide the constant buzzing and gnashing noise as the thing hopelessly tried to turn.

The motors are like hens teeth and replacing it looks like an undertaking on a par with the construction of Heathrow terminal 5, or withdrawing from the European Union. Thus, to "fix" I decided to simply disconnect the motor, steps to do so.

1. Remove glovebox.

2. Locate impossibly positioned, fiddly plastic electrical connector only accessible with fingertips when lying prone half in and half out of the vehicle.

3. Assemble all known friends and acquaintances and take detailed measurements of their hands. Devise a complex equation to work out the total handmass of each individual.

4. Dismiss all except the one with dolls hands and have them disconnect said connector.

5. Bandage and soothe their scuffed and bleeding appendages.

What a fucking palaver.

56fdb94f02ff7e85a209f3212595d46e.jpg

If I'd known this was the buzzing noise you were referring to I would have told you to disconnect it, it's probably the most common fault on a 405 and replacing it is expensive and pointless.  You can get to it either from the scuttle panel under the engine or the glovebox.

Every 405 I have had has had this and I've disconnected them all.*

*Actually the current silver STi doesn't but I don't dare switch on the recircle button in case I finish it off!

Would you like mine? Should solve the problem; you would have a 405, but as the working engine is still in a 206 you can't drive it and it wouldn't be worth selling.

It comes with an impending bill for fitting the engine, but also some ready cash when yhe 206 gets weighed in.

Its a no from me.

Summer is over boys and girls - I've just paid 50 bucks to get my air con re-gassed and on cue it's pishing down. Air con is icy cold however, could have done with it the last few weeks.

While it was in I put my Fred Dibnah hat on and had a look at a chimney. It was in the ironically well signposted "secret garden" in the grounds of the old tramworks on Pollokshaws Road in Glasgow.470697a68c8df442f9951a583cbba54a.jpg

• 1 month later...

So, this is soldiering on with almost zero expenditure beyond the air con recharge and a service when I first got it. Have put 4000+ miles under it's belt. 

I think I'll probably keep it going over the winter although maybe on reduced duties with the C1 and Rover taking the brunt of the salt.