For Chod & Ulster: Local Auctions for Local People (Nordie Shiter Events)

Datsuncog

Sterling write up. Rather liked the C3 Pluriel too although I think the colour has something to do with it. A quick spin through Autotrader reveals that it's not the only garish colour available. The orange one at £325 seems a steal given this one could be yours for £1995:

3a346d7f9c834573a6a12b8102ba5278.jpg

It would appear they are a bit of rarity too - only 16 'up for grabs' on the 'Trader.

Ballyclare can turn up all sorts of odds and sods. I spotted a Renault Avantime passing through the ring of death last year. Perhaps it's the only place it's possible to get shot of such metal.

Do I get bonus points for a pic of the silver one?

The only other Pluriel I've seen at all regularly over the past few years has been a silver one parked daily in a Blue Badge space in Belfast city centre. Maybe it's the only non-garish one remaining on the planet (though I do somehow like the garishness of them, which is strange for me).

They did do them in pale blue metallic, if my press pic of the Pleurisy in pick-up mode is anything to go by - y'know, the one shown very unwisely carrying a somewhat top-heavy cement mixer.

I'll see if it's still there when I'm heading home later on!

ONE WEEK TO GO!!

Sassy.jpg

I may well bring the car in with me next Monday and head up straight from work, so I'll probably be on the lookout for sustenance of some description.

Can anyone confirm whether there's a chuck wagon of sorts up at Carryduff Auction - or might I be forced to mount an assault on that pointlessly tiny shopping centre that never seems to be open, but may well contain a Subway concession or something?

I also found the dregs of my 1990s car brochure collection and other random magazines (which I thought I'd finished disposing of last year) that I'll bring along with me, should anyone fancy taking a flick through them and nabbing anything that catches your eye... all gratis, natch.

ONE WEEK TO GO!!

attachicon.gifSassy.jpg

I may well bring the car in with me next Monday and head up straight from work, so I'll probably be on the lookout for sustenance of some description.

Can anyone confirm whether there's a chuck wagon of sorts up at Carryduff Auction - or might I be forced to mount an assault on that pointlessly tiny shopping centre that never seems to be open, but may well contain a Subway concession or something?

I also found the dregs of my 1990s car brochure collection and other random magazines (which I thought I'd finished disposing of last year) that I'll bring along with me, should anyone fancy taking a flick through them and nabbing anything that catches your eye... all gratis, natch.

I must get over to the North one day and sample some of this!!

On 10/8/2018 at 11:34 PM, Tadhg Tiogar said:

I must get over to the North one day and sample some of this!!

Totally! If you ever have a rough date in mind, I'm sure we can sling an appropriate event together... not far from the RPSI museum in Whitehead either, should you wish to visit some locos...

On 10/9/2018 at 9:08 AM, binhoker668 said:

For the sake of clarity, I have SOME standards. 

Duly noted. You're not the only binhoker I know, mind...

On 10/9/2018 at 10:47 AM, The_Equalizer said:

Where on earth did you find that dog photo? Moreover, what other images did you during your 'internet journey' to find it!

You'd have to ask that there Wilson2/ Jim Bell one... :roll:

http://autoshite.com/topic/26893-emotions-in-taxidermy/?p=1141164

On 1/12/2017 at 6:28 PM, Dave_Q said:

Are the captions a WilsonWilson production or an internet find?

Either way lol/10, will use in future.

On 1/12/2017 at 6:41 PM, Jim Bell said:

Me.  Though the pics are gooble-searched.

I used to work at the RPSI on a Sunday - cleaning steam train brake blocks and whatnot. 

Good old RPSI. I have been on few memorable trips over the years.

A real fond recollection of the last time the wooden framed carriages were used for the Steam Enterprise down to Dublin. There's a hazy memory of crossing the Lagan on the final moments of the journey back having spent the whole time in the 'restaurant' car. Lovely carriages and shame they were taken out of service.

The other one that sticks is the time the Portrush Flyer packed up just north or Ballymoney (I think). We were stuck on the train for about eight hours in total, the kids on the train were literally climbing the windows and the bar (there's that restaurant car again) was drunk dry. Also, being a single track at that point meant the normal Northern Ireland Railways (NIR) service to 'Derry/Londonderry' was totally stuffed. Basically NIR banned the RPSI running the Portrush Flyer for a couple of years after that.

Good old RPSI. I have been on few memorable trips over the years.

A real fond recollection of the last time the wooden framed carriages were used for the Steam Enterprise down to Dublin. There's a hazy memory of crossing the Lagan on the final moments of the journey back having spent the whole time in the 'restaurant' car. Lovely carriages and shame they were taken out of service....

The other problem the RPSI had was that certain people have a fondness for setting fire to wooden-bodied coaches. They lost the last surviving GNR(I) Diagram K15 coach to arson many years ago.

RPSI's new and improved museum and workshop premises are really impressive, not least as more rolling stock is now stored undercover and hence safer from the wee toerag contingent...

After my grandfather's garage was cleared out, I donated a fair few boxes of his ex-Mackies engineering tools to the RPSI workshops, as I felt they were marginally more likely to find a use for giant imperial-sized reamers and tap sets than I would.

Mebbe a social event up at the loco workshops could be arranged at some point - say if there were some visiting shiters over, and an evening auction didn't square with their timetable?

Oh yeah, and still on for Monday evening at Carryduff (to the best of my knowledge).

Does anyone coming to Carryduff fancy 21 issues of Classic Car magazine? They date from 2014 to 2018 and are generally in very good nick. Free should they be of interest. I'm having a bit of a clear out before moving house and it seems a shame to recycle them should someone want a bit of bed time reading. 

Well, it's looking good for tonight I reckon - despite my very best efforts to knobble myself over the weekend, I should be able to hobble my way around Carryduff with the aid of a stick (PRO TIP: also good for prodding the sills of hopeless old nails for grot/filler) whilst availing of MrsDC's chauffeur services... so are we all still in?

Declarations of intent have been received from The_Equalizer, R9UKE, Faker, They_All_Do_That_Sir... anyone else?

Directions, satnav postcode, and weirdly stretched Google screenshots are available earlier in this thread or from the handy-dandy Autoshite Calendar entry.

We'll not be there for the 6pm start, but hope to arrive around 7 or so.

I'll have a clatter of old and random catalogues and magazines with me (including plenty of Frenchy stuff), should anyone fancy a rummage and taking some/all of them home with them?

Indeed, if The_Equalizer fancies bringing along any of the mags he's clearing out, we could have our very own not-at-all-dodgy-looking Autoshite Multicoloured Car Park Swap Shop event.

Phone all charged and ready to go, for useless dusk picture-snapping purposes... so who else here fancies a night out ogling a slightly-out-of-focus Kia Sedona 2.9 Diesel?

http://www.cityauctiongroup.com/belfast/stock/vehicle-detail.aspx?ref=1828CAQD&location=41&act=4375&lot=10053

Magazines are already installed in the passenger seat of my budget Benz. If Mrs. DC doesn't fancy it - well car auctions aren't the most glamorous of affairs - you're more than welcome to a lift there and back. I'm off to look at the list of lots...

http://www.cityauctiongroup.com/Belfast/stock/vehicle-search/?act=4375&type=general&location=41&branch=Belfast

^^^ Cheers for the offer dude - I've checked again and she's weirdly up for it (possibly as a distraction from the heavy-duty bathroom remodelling plans that we've been working on for the past week), so will hopefully see you up there!

I haven't fully perused the list posted for tonight, so do let us know if any serious horrors are set to crop up...

Well - bit of a banjax as far as the auction went (with ruthless efficiency, it seems these Carryduff boyos cracked through nearly 90 cars in just over an hour), although a pleasant evening was had nonetheless!

The NI Shiters Consortium (with special guest, MrsDC) kept out the autumn chill down at the Botanic branch of Starbucks as, perhaps somewhat hearteningly for anti-corporate campaigners, it was completely empty while all the locally-owned indies we initially tried to get into were full to bursting with not a table to be had.

Tales were told of shite past and present, photos flashed up for the delectation of the group, and discoveries were made that perhaps MrsDC is not quite as nice as she first appears...

So we'll have to try to get another car-focused event going for next time - possibly Carryduff revisited, if I can make more of an effort and get there for 6?

Mid-Ulster Auctions was also floated, and there's also Wilson's at Mallusk with its extravagance of twice-weekly car auctions...

WE HAZ OPTIONS.

Most entertaining and impressively rescued! It must be that Co. Down is far more efficient that us slackers in Antrim.

I have just seen that some of the stuff that didn't sell last night gets a second crack on Friday:

http://www.cityauctiongroup.com/belfast/stock/vehicle-search/?act=4378&location=41&Page=1

Including the Peugeot RCZ. I still can't believe there was a Merc CLS350 for £2200.

Until next time...

P.s. The chocolate lime was very nice too.