Where is Eddy?

eddyramrod

Cripes man, get well soon! 

If I bought the Rover would I catch something similar? Ping me the details when you're up to it please. I could do with a car to press into immediate service- I need another project like a hole in the head. 

http://autoshite.com/topic/28899-yet-another-rover-now-for-sale/

There y'go! :)

Guest Hooli

Glad to see you back Eddy, you'd been missed.

If I can't insure them, I've got nowhere to keep them.  At this stage I'm assuming MrsR will somehow still be covered on the Tacuma!  Might entail registering it to her...

I'd speak to your insurers before doing anything drastic. I'm pretty sure you can still insure them for fire & theft, with other drivers (Mrs R?) even when you're disqualified for medical reasons.

Great googly-moogly. Wasn't expecting to hear that.

Delighted to learn you're feeling a bit better, man; hopefully this might mark an upturn with the old health. Hard blow to let the motors go, but if there's one thing this place excels at, it's finding new and unexpected shite cars for its members.

Rest up, compadre - good to have you back.

Guest Hooli

Eddy, take a look at this link - https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/revoked-licence-insurance.79126/

Near the bottom 'mattpiano' was able to keep his cars insured with a different main driver whilst his licence was revoked for a time due to diabetes. Being as yours is also a medical condition I can't see the rules being any different for you mate.

Welcome back Eddy, and speedy recovery! Did you get your head ported while they were in there?

I could potentially store Huggy for you for a few months if I moved some things around, although the logistics of getting it from your place to my shed are pretty scary. I also won’t be home for a couple of weeks or so to make space, so that really isn’t much use at all.

Your best bet as suggested above is probably to talk to an insurance broker, who should be able to get you cover to be legal even without driving it.

Sorry to hear the news Eddy, but glad you seem to be on the mend.

If there's ever any local meet ups or anything PM me - if I can make it to any events I might be able to swing by Barrow and give you a lift. Not driving doesn't have to mean missing out on the fun. Only if you're well enough to go, mind.