This Thread is now Project Twingo

stephen01

Looking for a completely uninspiring car to do day to day duties and is cheap to run. My Accord is getting very tired and engine light now just stays on! it is one of those lights that just keeps you company. 

I've narrowed it down to two cars  - these are the two people that have actually replied to me! 

First we have a 1.3JTD 2008 punto in white, 3 door, 178k and 12 months ticket

AETV85230983_1.jpg

Not the actual car but you get the idea. but very close, 

next we have a 2004 Peugeot 206 1.4 HDI, 5 door, Blue with bonus silver boot lid. 174k and 6 months test. 1200px-2002_Peugeot_206_LX_1.4_Front.jpg

Again not the actual car, Can't copy pics for some reason?! 

Both do lots of MPG's and are both £30 a year to tax. 5 door is more practical and as sterotypes go I reckon a 170+K Peugeot is less trouble than a Fiat. 

The biggest kicker is that the 206 is 5 miles away and the punto is 125 miles away! 

I've not actually looked at either car and both are priced around the 4-500 quid mark at his end of the market you have to expect a few quirks! 

Heart says punto head says 206. 

35e21efc0768c0e5f2503bf93a91fc6a.jpg

Paid £200 for this diesel runner and it’s been spot on. I’ve done 2000 Miles in it and it’s comfy, well equipped and does 44mpg round town.

They’re cheap as chips and I can’t honestly work out why. There’s loads about with a fsh and in top spec too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More breaking news

My idea and the sellers idea of excellent condition are completely off, okay it was good engine wise pulled strong etc but the rest of it was let's say cosmetically challenged. Brakes were shit, like completely crap, few bushes were shagged completely. Okay all cheap stuff to sort but not what I'm looking for.

Now I'm not after a show winner but I'm also not after a project. Honestly the Accord is better in every respect and I'm considering scrapping it!

The Clio is a decent car, however I've tickled that fancy, I think..

35e21efc0768c0e5f2503bf93a91fc6a.jpg

Paid £200 for this diesel runner and it’s been spot on. I’ve done 2000 Miles in it and it’s comfy, well equipped and does 44mpg round town.

They’re cheap as chips and I can’t honestly work out why. There’s loads about with a fsh and in top spec too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First dibs on that baby! Shame its not petrol 5 pot though, cant imagine that they are £200

Cheap small cars sell in hours rather than days or weeks it would seem. Looked at a couple of ropey 206's the weekend, but basically anything not completely shagged was sold same day or within 24 hours!

So it has been decided that I should perhaps start using the Twingo MK1 that's been parked up since last year! This has now been booked in for an MOT on the 11th July.

I'm pretty sure it's a MOT Fail as it stands, rear wheel bearing is grumbly and the track rods are a little cracked, surface rust but it looks solid enough. Tyres while legal are crap and ideally want replacing , needs a good service as I've little history with the car and unsure when it last saw an oil change so probably needs a full service. 

What parts does the Twingo share with a Clio?

Updates to follow

There's a chap in Coventry selling his parents one owner Rover 25 2.0 TD with full service history, he's looking for £500 but welcoming offers. Did notice he's away on holiday until the 15th of July.

For sale - a 1999 X plate Rover 25 diesel 5 door. British Racing Green, with electric front windows, air conditioning, factory stereo & mats & towbar. 
Car has been owned by my parents from new & has covered just under 110,000 miles. MoT until December 2018 - has passed every year & no reason why it wouldn't again.
It has been regularly serviced & has two recent tyres & battery. Vehicle runs very well & is in reasonable cosmetic condition - there are a few parking dents on drivers side rear & passenger front wing has lacquer damage. There is very little rust on the exterior or under the vehicle.

Offers around £499.00
Sam - 07977 832959 (sam.anker@hotmail.co.uk)

I can't seem to attach photos so please email me if you're interested

DSC_1670.jpg

You had a Twingo sitting about all this time and didn't think to use that in the first place?!

*shakes head*

I have this problem where I can't have enough cars, sometimes it's just the chase I like and buyers remorse kicks in. Not so much the last couple of years as they've all played a part.

I've vowed to clean the twingo later, when this big melty thing in the sky cools down! So will do some pictures. Should really check the advisories from the last mot, there's bound to be some!

That rover sounds like a cracking car. I'm however now set in the save money camp.

I think I'll turn this thread into Project Twingo. 

EVERYONE knows that a clean car passes an MOT easier right? 

post-4612-0-21114700-1530615030_thumb.jpeg

This should fly through! Cleaned for the first time in 12 months or in fact ever since we've owned it! it's obvious that it has received paint at some point in its life judging by the filler on the rear as you can easily pull it away to reveal the underneath metal! Every panel is damaged, bumpers have been sprayed and its now 80% back to the grey plastic look. 

post-4612-0-81449700-1530615042_thumb.jpeg

it's a 10 foot car. 

post-4612-0-71346400-1530615052_thumb.jpeg

Thankfully the interior is in much better nick, drivers seat is worn through but I'm sure replacements are easily sourced, right. 

Luxury it is not, it's quicker to tell you what it does have and that is A/C which thankfully is working a treat! but that's it!!

Step daughter had several of these little tikes. Great city car, easy to repair. Some parts are getting hard to find.

Some have great options added like full electric sunroof. Later cars have slightly more BHP. But after this model where did it all go wrong? Now just a bland old pile of Renault poo.