two stroke mobility scooter

pauldoubleyou

So harking back to the lupo i thought it would be funny and annoying to put a two stroke 50cc to the back of a mobility scooter. I managed to get hold of one with a duff motor locally for £20 - and proceeded to realise that old people are royally fucked over for these things.

I removed all the electrics and ebayed them, making a princely sum just shy of £200 after a few months. Pisstake as theyre so very very simple.

Anyway, this was three years ago. I had toyed with putting a gin bottle in the basket for petrol but could'nt find a plastic one. I had to widen the front track as it just wasnt safe, however it was forever on the back burner.

So i got it running last night after about a year of looking at it. Here is a video before all the plastics got put back on:

Its got a solid rear axle which i keyed with an angle grinder, fitted disk brakes to it along with a cutoff switch. The thing is its a total shit to get the two stroke oil right, any more than a smidgen of oil and it wont start.

Ill upload some more pictures tonight, probably bomb about in it for a bit and sell it on. I managed to keep it nice and tight so that all the plastics actually hide the exhaust and everything, not that you can ignore the exhaust tone and smell of castrol R. It was really my attempt to get into welding, which worked well to be truthful. It was the first thing i welded.

Its really fucking heavy but i cant see much of a way to lighten it. On flat ground it actually shifts, everything was donated from one of those crappy minimotos.

Anyone else got one? Seen a few 125s kicking about

Am I the only one that thinks Colin Furze is an absolute cunt?

He used to be top. I think about four videos in he sort of got sponsored by like Doritos or something and he turned into a fucking sellout.

I’m wary of sounding like a hipster but at the start he was just in his shed and making shit for the fun of it. Organise his videos by date and you’ll see the change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like him,  I'd be a bit embarrased to be seen watching his videos as they are aimed at kids who go for all that yee har bullshit.  I'm glad that kids are watching it though as its got to be encouraging them to go out into sheds and try things rather than just watching shit on TV.

Someone on here knows him and says he is sound in real life and that is good enough for me.

Great job on the scooter,  sounds like fun.

Nice job with the scooter..

Cats is on the money re Furze - he makes excitable shouty videos for excitable kids in a shouty generation - he is no fool and knows who his audience are, and where those all important likes and views come from.

On the plus side, he is getting kids interested in things that arent Xboxs.

His latest video of a massive motorised carport roof is worth a watch too. Well, all his stuff is worth watching if you turn the sound down a little.

I had one of those there 2 stroke mobility scooters but took an angle grinder and stick welder to it and made this ...with optional cat

attachicon.gifIMG_20180629_195243.jpg

Will be available on the Autoshite FREE thread in a few mins.

These are great in theory but there’s literally nowhere to ride them round here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's Dave Dorson that knows Furze. I'm happy with Dave's ability to call a twat a twat.

I agree that you have to crank it all up to 11 on YouTube these days to get noticed (or drive a Dacia across Europe) so if he's just trying to keep things going it's part of the act I guess. The sponsorship gets a bit tiresome but fair play if he's making a living from this sort of stuff now, can't fault that.