For Sale: 2001 Mondeo Mk3 2l TDDI Ghia CAT N

jamespatrickbart

Hi

putting my toe in the water to see if anyone would be interested in buying my Mondeo. 

Pretty good nick except front nearside wing has a big dent in it from a lovely fellow motorist pulling out in front of me a bit quick..

Grey beige interior - single CD player (no changers here), manual. Photos of interior if you want to see them, it's a completely bog standard mondeo though!

Bad bits:

• Remote locking can be a bit dodgy sometimes in cold weather (relatively common and you can just lock it the old fashioned way).
  • Big dent in wing (pics to follow)
  • Needs some new rear tyres really (like, within a month) 

Everything works otherwise, no smoke and clutch/DMF replaced prob 18 months ago, and MOT up to Feb 2019.

No idea what a fair price would be for this ,let me know. Would anyone be interested at £400?

post-20396-0-14391100-1529873420_thumb.jpg

post-20396-0-54316400-1529873424_thumb.jpg

post-20396-0-72230100-1529873427_thumb.jpg

post-20396-0-86712900-1529873430_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

As an epitaph, lucky noone did buy it as the high pressure fuel pump shat itself outside the Stratford velodrome the other week and is now dead. £200 to tow back to Ipswich and now Scrap. Uneconomical to repair. Shame as the engine was complety solid otherwise. Oh well...

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk

Depends why the pump has gone. I can’t quite remember but these sometimes suffer the electronic circuitry going haywire. If it’s that it’s worth fitting a new pump. If it’s worn out though chances are it could have took the injectors with it.

Used tested one is £100, so another £150 or whatever fitting it. Depends what rest of car is like.

isn't a fuel pump for one of those about 150 quid? that's not uneconomical to repair surely, well not in autoshitter talk.

From my reckoning, TDDIs have 2 fuel pumps, a cheapish lift pump at the back and one in the engine bay (not cheap) - it was that one.

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk