Great green beastie for rofflage

Tomtation

I'm sure you've ALL been following my so far not very successful efforts at shifting my Rover 820 (aka great green beastie, paddock of lushness... you get the idea - it's green). It has many many good points, some bad and some incontinence too. However this manb has it correct.

post-26165-0-51385400-1529659555_thumb.jpg

Here we are, ready to roffle this fine british piece of motor. It's a great cruiser that just munches away long distances, is cheap to run, has had all the important servicing bits done in the last year, is not rusty (BIG BRUCY BONUS) is big and most importantly fecking GREEN!

It is this big.

post-26165-0-15619800-1529659376_thumb.jpg

It looks like this:

post-26165-0-05480200-1529658413_thumb.jpg

post-26165-0-82424200-1529658435_thumb.jpg

post-26165-0-11005900-1529658476_thumb.jpg

post-26165-0-45704400-1529658492_thumb.jpg

As a theme tune to the wonderful greenness, performed by many successful* singers. I want you all to sing along now in your own unique ways:

"I'm gonna take this Rover and make it evergreen"

Except you don't need to cos it already be quite green. I'm sure it could be greener but...

Right, back on track - this fine machine could be yours for a mere £18 per ticket. I live in the arse end of the UK (somerset) so appreciate it'll be fecking miles from some, but depending on where the lucky* winner is at, something can be sorted i'm sure.

A suggestion for the correct attire when collecting, and maybe a bit of coreography for the winning* dance:

post-26165-0-28801500-1529659643_thumb.gif

(btw that is totally NOT me, I can dance way better*)

Or maybe the lucky* winners facial expression on discovering what they have won:

post-26165-0-07393100-1529659940_thumb.jpg

Get them ticketz bought shiters!

OMG I R DISAPOINT! I forgot all about the nugget of purest green! Could have made that the theme instead... Good old blackadder, i'm quite cheerful that it's on Netflix now :D

mercrocker and yes oui si -  well done chaps, thank you

Keep 'em coming. I may* be devising competitions and secret extra prizes... Or I may not. 

BTW i'm at work till half 7 so will only be able to get on here now and then - working in a lab it is strictly no phones.

Thanks for the support peeps, I did wonder if the roffle would leave the ground or not. Looks like a not do we think? I've been putting off gumtree/ebay etc cos of messrs but here we go, i'll get it on them places.

Can a mod remove the thread, or do we just leave it to die a slow death in the pages of AS history?

Huge thanks to yes oui si, mercrocker, Andy F and tommytwo for requesting tickets!

Hi all, been absent/busy/abducted by aliens (delete as appropriate) for the last little while.

There has been developments! An offer has been offered, negotiations have been negotiated and now we just need to figure out how to get the green wotsit from deepest darkest Somerset up to east Yorkshire! Current theory is a relay, passing the rather large green baton about halfway.

More updates to come. Oh and the numberplates have both fallen off in objection to all this lovely sunshine and heat we're having just now, the sticky shit is now just shit.

• 2 months later...

Getting the Green Machine ready for the road and a paint job. I have found that the knocking is a failed front engine mount (EDP7368) but I can't source one. Rover 800 forum still haven't let me register so I can't get help there. Does anyone know of an alternative or source for the front engine mount (manual version)?

Ta.

p.s. If Rover 800 forum guys are reading, I have tried to register several times and even had an e-mail telling me to await activation... Well I'm still waiting...

Showing as in stock

https://www.ukmgparts.com/catalogue/unknown-any-car-part-unknown/51