ChatsHarris's Saab 900 (Moleman) Good Moleman to you.

chatsharris

So, basically as soon as I received this ace motor, it had to go straight on the back burner. My daily Saab had a couple of days MOT left, and I had a burst power steering pipe to replace rapido. Couple of tyres, bit of welding and handbrake adjustment (TADTS), and a pass was achieved. I got them to replace an ABS ring that I knew was cracked but somehow got through the MOT.

Now that's all sorted, I can finally start having a look at the 900. When I received it, Ceri let me know that it started, but did not idle no matter how much throttle you put on. I started checking hoses and stuff, and then I found it.

post-20001-0-46636700-1529705197_thumb.jpg

One of the turbo pipes was undone (the one dead centre of the image - shown fixed), meaning there wasn't enough air coming in. A quick inspection and reassembly and...

VID-20180622-WA0001.mp4

So baby steps at the moment. Part of what I want from this project is to learn how to weld, and it seems like I'll get that opportunity. The boot floor is looking particularly ropey, and the doors are all looking past it. I'll have to see what the future holds for this, hopefully I can get it back on the road. Unfortunately I'm enthusiastic but rubbish!