Father In Law's Facebook bargains and what he 'barried' next!

louiepj

This is my new favourite thread.

Do you remember years ago on Virgin radio they used to have some chap who bought a house of Marty Pellow ring up every now and then with what hilarious horrors he had found in the house? This is like that.

Its the 'Jerry Springer' of car purchases. You know its trash but every time you see more of it, it becomes even scuzzier than it was before.

I hope they have extra GTI lettering from Halfords on the boot or something.

I drove the car again last night to take it back and it started drizzling so I put the wipers on intermittent. Wipe.. Pause... Wipe... Pause then full on torrential/rally car with the wipers going mad. WTF oh he's put a feckin sun strip across the rain sensor.

Gotta love a styler!!

He says it's up for 300.

I ask what's wrong with it? Seems too good a price?

Just got an injector fault but runs he replies and the guy has an injector for it.

Get the guy to fit it then and sell you the frigging thing then. Probably cheaper to do that then me do the headgasket, cambelt, waterpump etc.

£300 for a ‘good’ Passat sounds expensive, let alone a (more) shit (than usual) one.

Unfortunately where we live just doesn't seem to have an abundance of cheap cars available, or I am just not savvy enough to see all the bargains. We live in the S. East of UK half way between London and the coast in East Grinstead.

I know I am my own worst enemy for helping him with cars, but I do love working on cars for family and friends.

That’s what really matters. If you’re enjoying yourself then there’s no harm in that.

Love this thread.

ESP light is most probably the pressure sensor in the ABS pump, common fault on VAGs and my Golf has the same issue.

When he bought the car a small sensor box under rear seats was blamed by seller and a replacement was in the boot.

Turns out the guy who sold it got the FiL to ring him when he turned up to look at it and then drove the car round to him, then FiL spent next few days jump starting it due to knackered battery + small box made no difference.

I drove the car again last night to take it back and it started drizzling so I put the wipers on intermittent. Wipe.. Pause... Wipe... Pause then full on torrential/rally car with the wipers going mad. WTF oh he's put a feckin sun strip across the rain sensor.

Gotta love a styler!!

Er....does this have auto wipers?

My old B4 Passat used to confuse new drivers by having one of those fancy programmable intermittent wipes that almost no-one knows how to use.

Er....does this have auto wipers?

My old B4 Passat used to confuse new drivers by having one of those fancy programmable intermittent wipes that almost no-one knows how to use.

I had these on my Mk3 Golf, took me a while but I figured it out in the end.  Best invention ever once you got the hang of it.

This thread is shocking though, is your FIL doing all these horrific mods to it or is he buying them like that?