Bawtry car auctions

sierraman

Couldn’t beat a Friday night at the Lockoford Lane Auctions in chesterfield. Long gone are those halcyon days!

That daft old fart of an auctioneer, taking bids from the wall in that Savilesque accent when there were three blokes and a dog in the hall.

Four fifteh bid

Four fifteh bid

Four fifteh bid

Four fifteh bid

Four fifteh bid

Four fifteh bid

I gave up in the end - you couldn't buy anything from him. Used to do Bawtreh as well. I bet Bawtry locals are glad that's all ended. Used to be wall to wall gypos and rigger booted Worksop drones, various shit cars moored up by the Esso station, the owners leaning against the wall like pimps.

That's about the only interesting thing in there.

Looking at the entire catalogue, it consists almost entirely of cast-offs from Arnold Clark, thecarpeople, various car financers, and a Harley-Davidson dealership.

You do know that that’s where car auction stock comes from?

Main dealer cast offs are 10000000x better buys than private entries or small trader entries anyway - the latter two are definitely fucked as opposed to probably.

Unfortunately I would imagine that the scrappy gets the real shite from a lot of main dealers now with auction fees ever increasing - you do see some odd stuff sometimes though

That daft old fart of an auctioneer, taking bids from the wall in that Savilesque accent when there were three blokes and a dog in the hall.

Four fifteh bid

Four fifteh bid

Four fifteh bid

Four fifteh bid

Four fifteh bid

Four fifteh bid

I gave up in the end - you couldn't buy anything from him. Used to do Bawtreh as well. I bet Bawtry locals are glad that's all ended. Used to be wall to wall gypos and rigger booted Worksop drones, various shit cars moored up by the Esso station, the owners leaning against the wall like pimps.

Used to regularly see cars knocked down as sold at Chesterfield then they would go through the ring again towards the end of the sale...

That described Bawtry auctions to a T though! Did you ever go to the general sale (household goods and tat) there?

Used to be a car auction in Birmingham that had loads of shit going through, might have been off Evesham Road. There was always a police Hiab crew about outside lifting illegally parked vehicles to keep the road clear.

Sounds like Birmingham Car Auctions in Moseley Road.

http://www.birminghamcarauctions.co.uk/

Auction fodder has changed in terms of quality* since the days of knackered Sierras and Granadas, but probably not in condition or age. I believe that Lord Sterling of this parish also has knowledge of them :)

You do know that that’s where car auction stock comes from?

Main dealer cast offs are 10000000x better buys than private entries or small trader entries anyway - the latter two are definitely fucked as opposed to probably.

Unfortunately I would imagine that the scrappy gets the real shite from a lot of main dealers now with auction fees ever increasing - you do see some odd stuff sometimes though

Yes, my point is just that it's not to our taste how Cannock is.