Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Shite coupe

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   pompei

pompei

• Full Members
  • 3,421 posts
  • LocationGrimsby

Posted 15 December 2007 - 10:42 PM

I see a Toyota Paseo most days - not managed to photo it, still can't find the camera ...Were these a grey import, and are they as shite as I presume they might be? I'd be disappointed if they turn out to have Lambo doors or 300bhp.

#2 OFFLINE   pogweasel

pogweasel

• Full Members
  • 8,493 posts
  • Locationnearly there.

Posted 15 December 2007 - 10:52 PM

No, they were a UK model I believe. Sort of a coupe Corolla?

#3 OFFLINE   mk2_craig

mk2_craig

• Full Members
  • 1,821 posts
  • LocationIT'S CLEAN THE PLATES HAVE BEEN CHANGED THAT'LL BE $7438.

Posted 15 December 2007 - 10:58 PM

Here's a badly modified one clocked back in the days when I worked in Leicescescescestershire
Posted Image

1984 Ford Fiesta XR2 - Devaluing the neighbourhood since 2008

Nottinghamshite
Channel Island Cack
Everywhere Else

#4 OFFLINE   Dukestar25

Dukestar25

• Full Members
  • 567 posts
  • LocationLand of Chips an' pea-wet.

Posted 15 December 2007 - 11:16 PM

A well made but pointless car. they aren't fast enough to be a sports car, not cumfy enough to be a cruiser, the boot is too small, not enough room for back seat passengers and I found it lacked head room and I'm only 5'7'' :shock: It is like a Suzuki X-90 as far as I'm concerned...Pointless!!!

If you want a Toyota Coupe get a Celica 8) better at everything IMO...

Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   pandamonium

pandamonium

• Full Members
  • 2,159 posts
  • LocationTraveling in space and time.

Posted 15 December 2007 - 11:37 PM

yeah, very much a girls car, not as bad as a Toyota Sera, but utterly pointless. Very much in the breed of Tigra, Puma, MX6, 100NX

2014 Seat Ibiza 1.2 S A/C 5dr - Boring company car

1988 Austin Metro 1275 Auto - Vanden Plas!

1987 Lada 1200s

#6 OFFLINE   Milford Cubicle

Milford Cubicle

• Full Members
  • 3,714 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 11:39 PM

I like the 100NX, and I bet the 4WD X-90 is a competent off-roader being based on the Vitara.

#7 OFFLINE   Ratdat

Ratdat

• Full Members
  • 2,770 posts
  • LocationLincolnshire

Posted 16 December 2007 - 12:51 AM

Since when do cars have to have a point?

#8 OFFLINE   stoterstangen90

stoterstangen90

• Full Members
  • 458 posts
  • LocationZaagcity

Posted 16 December 2007 - 01:02 AM

Since when do cars have to have a point?

Formaly, cars had breakerpoints 8)
Mooie lamp overigens

Posted Image

#9 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2007 - 01:05 AM

You should revel in the pointlessness of a car!However, I don't see this one as pointless. To me it seems more like a small Corolla type car for someone who wants something a little more interesting, but without the high insurance group and mpg.Always baffles me why there isn't more of this stuff and why people so readily relegate themselves to a Corsa or similar.

#10 OFFLINE   andrewp

andrewp

Rank Morris Ital

• Full Members
  • 88 posts
  • LocationSussex U.K.

Posted 16 December 2007 - 11:35 AM

I've never owned one of these but as an uncomplicated,economical and unusual A-B runaround you could do a lot worse. Most owners seem to love them on www.carsurvey.org One owner complained of a small back seat (duh!) and more worryingly it sounds like the zips on the sunroof protector bag may play up........be warned! Point is, I like the Paseo and they seem to be keeping their value over the last few years too, a future classic, possibly.

#11 OFFLINE   Dukestar25

Dukestar25

• Full Members
  • 567 posts
  • LocationLand of Chips an' pea-wet.

Posted 16 December 2007 - 04:43 PM

I like the 100NX, and I bet the 4WD X-90 is a competent off-roader being based on the Vitara.

I kinda like the 100NX but good ones are rare. I doubt you could do much off-roading with the X-90 but for your viewing pleasure I found this:http://uk.cars.yahoo... ... 03762.html

#12 OFFLINE   Mash

Mash

• Full Members
  • 2,444 posts
  • Location1985

Posted 16 December 2007 - 04:44 PM

The Paseo came out in the mid-90s didn't it? But whenever I see one I always think it looks like it should have been introduced in about 1987. :? Don't see many round here nowadays.
I dont no wot there worth tbh mate only wont it for pre 68 obvserly lol hav u got any pics plz mate

#13 OFFLINE   Milford Cubicle

Milford Cubicle

• Full Members
  • 3,714 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 07:04 PM

I kinda like the 100NX but good ones are rare. I doubt you could do much off-roading with the X-90 but for your viewing pleasure I found this:http://uk.cars.yahoo... ... 03762.html

There's a 100NX in the local free ads with a few month's test and a new clutch for £150, I'm seriously tempted. I hope it has the ultra-shitey. gutless carburettor & catalytic converter combo.I bet the X-90 4WD is pretty good off road - it has a low box, decent ground clearance and short overhangs.

#14 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2007 - 07:08 PM

I always wonder why the X-90 ends up in ugly car lists, it isn't really that odd or ugly looking to be honest.

#15 OFFLINE   pogweasel

pogweasel

• Full Members
  • 8,493 posts
  • Locationnearly there.

Posted 16 December 2007 - 08:32 PM

Not ugly? It looks like a duck!

#16 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2007 - 08:38 PM

I don't find it that ugly, just a bit bland and wonky-looking in the same way a Proton Persona or Kia Mentor is.

#17 OFFLINE   AnthonyG

AnthonyG

• Full Members
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 05:11 PM

I always though the X-90 didn't come as a 4WD, that's why it was so pointless. You learn a new thing every day on Autoshite!

#18 OFFLINE   MrRegieRitmo

MrRegieRitmo

• Full Members
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationS Coast England

Posted 24 December 2007 - 10:04 AM

yeah, very much a girls car, not as bad as a Toyota Sera, but utterly pointless. Very much in the breed of Tigra, Puma, MX6, 100NX

The MX-6 is a more grown up hair dresser's car, like a Cougar rather than a Puma. Insurance grouping backs that up. I'd take out MX-6 and replace it with MX-3 which is more fitting. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users