4 sale 306 gti6 £1499 or offers from Autoshiters - Evesham

jon.k

£1499 - now very cheap I would say! I have been surprised not to have had more interest so I've lowered the price.

In true shiter style I have decided to sell my very nice 306 gti because I’ve rescued a truly terrible golf mk3 diesel from the crusher.

134000 miles

MOT Jan 2019

Clutch, cam belt and water pump all done in last 6 months. New tyres and lots of other bits and pieces. The only thing which needs doing is the rear axle mounts.

It’s a little bit scruffy by new car standards but positively mint by Autoshite standards. Hope it’s ok to post it here.

Goes like the absolute clappers.

More details on eBay ad. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-306-gti-6-gti-6-Ad-Updated/273223744076?hash=item3f9d677a4c:g:BAAAAOSw4EpbAEOa

post-24329-0-83161700-1528738719_thumb.jpeg

It's quite quick in a straight line but it's the way it devours a country road that is its party trick. It feels like driving a standard comfy car but then you look down and you are going about 25 mph more than you would usually. I don't think my mx5 would be able to keep up even if it had the same power.

There are a few 0-60 times quoted in various places because I think I am correct in saying that peugeot understated the figures to keep insurance premiums down. The 205s with this engine conversion must be scary.

If you see a black MZ bike zooming about,give us a wave,I'm up the road in lower moor :-)

Did you used to have a polo bread van and a sting of 3 wheelers? I did meet an Autoshiter from lower moor s few years ago when I sold him a Raleigh folding bike. I was on retrorides which he said was far too busy, and he told me to get on here!

I will watch out for you. Look out for my 305 now with AS sticker.

Bloody brilliant cars these, and not many left I imagine.

This and the DTurbo I reckon are the best of the bunch.

Just wish there was a 306 GTi-6 Sedan...

Always wondered, is it possible to fit this 'box to a TCT engine in a Xantia? Activa really could benefit from an extra cog when it's on the motorway...

I'm not sure how much of an asset the extra gear would be on the motorway, it still revs quite high. It's a noticeably short-ratio box and it wants you to be snatching gears all the time. It would be good if you could put the top gear from a diesel in this box.

Oh dear this for sale ad isn't going well. I haven't even posted how crap the golf is. I spent an afternoon with some filler and a spray can to get it through the mot. It will be cheaper to run and it is being given to me if I take it away, does that help?

What a lovely car. There was a chap who did a nut and bolt cleanup and recommisson to virtually mint condition of a red 306 rallye on detailingworld - you might be able to run a google search to save having to trawl through pages and pages of threads - if you do pop over and have a look on there, head for the ‘showroom’ section and then ‘restorations’....

I love it!!!

Did you used to have a polo bread van and a sting of 3 wheelers? I did meet an Autoshiter from lower moor s few years ago when I sold him a Raleigh folding bike. I was on retrorides which he said was far too busy, and he told me to get on here!

I will watch out for you. Look out for my 305 now with AS sticker.

Yep that was me :-)

Great cars - I've had a few in the past and currently have its ugly sister, a Xsara VTS. As others have said, Autoshite or not, you're a mentalist if you sell this for a tired Mk3 Golf!

Axle mounts aren't a huge job to replace and can certainly be done at home on the driveway with regular tools.

Always wondered, is it possible to fit this 'box to a TCT engine in a Xantia? Activa really could benefit from an extra cog when it's on the motorway...

Yes and no. The gearbox will fit bolt up to the block fine, but the larger TCT clutch doesn't fit under the bellhousing from memory and you'd need driveshafts (and likely other parts) from a BE gearbox'd Xantia. There'd be little point though - the ratios are quite tightly stacked and it has a short-ish final drive, so 6th on this box is actually shorter than 5th on your existing gearbox.

The 205s with this engine conversion must be scary.

I've built a couple and they certainly go well :)

So the Golf was free? There's £100 profit straight off...

The 6 speed box off the 306 will fit on a ZX turbo diesel so it should fit a Xantia too. The only issue is that it reduces the turning circle quite a bit.

The 306 can only go up in value, you will kick yourself in a few years when it's worth a mint, whereas the Golf's value will only fluctuate with the price of scrap ☺

If you want any Mk3 Golf bits I have acquired a few over the years, mainly 1.4s but one 1.9diesel. I seem to have things like headlights, washer tanks, expansion tanks and various other bits.

Thank you for the offer. You don't have lots of navy blue body panels do you? Or those sidelight cover things from the bumper?

These things (Rallyes especially) are going to be worth serious money in a few years, we have all the evidence we need of that in current 205 values.  Shame I haven't got a spare barn.

I expect you're right. I do have somewhere to store it but I don't like the idea of it deteriorating when so many of the consumables (battery, belts, tyres) are new this year.

Thank you for the offer. You don't have lots of navy blue body panels do you? Or those sidelight cover things from the bumper?

Navy blue? I don't have any panels but I might have the fake light things for the bumper. Be careful with the colour, I'd guess Marine Blue if it is a light navy, but I can't recall a true Navy Blue VW colour. That will also make getting a match tricky, the commonest blue I'd say was the purple metallic Mystic Blue. I think I've only ever seen one Marine Blue in the flesh as it were.

Edit What year is it?

It’s marine blue I think, at least that’s what I sprayed my filler with the other day and it looks about right. It’s 1996. Just took it back to the garage for the retest in convoy with my 306. It felt like a 90s grouptest.

Price reduced by £50. Had a couple of viewers now; they were both impressed with the mechanical condition of the car but were looking for something cosmetically excellent. It was interesting because they both told me they were trying to find something as good as they had 10 - 15 years ago.

Anyway, two independent 306 fans have looked it over and found not much more than I knew about already... but it does have a few scratches and dings.

Biggie might be the upper rear seatbelt mounts. As far as I know they can rot these out.

Should be alright on this one as 306 hatches all had rear arch liners from the factory by 1999 (Phase 3) AFAIK which solved the problem.

It's earlier hatchbacks and almost all estates that don't have the liners and have real problems with the inner C-pillars rotting away.

• 2 weeks later...