The Mighty Dacia - 1310 estate - Cat's tales

dollywobbler

When I imported my Prius I mot’d once on the VIN for registration, and then again once it had been registered for it to show up on the .gov website.

Have a couple of cheeky pics...

That is odd as my Citroen van was imported, NOVA'd, MOT'd on its VIN and when the registration number was allocated the MOT showed up straight away on line without having to do anything. Strange how the DVLA works sometimes.

WOO and indeed HOO!

DgzCsUIW4AEHjL4.jpg

DgzDxH_XcAIDf6m.jpg

First legal drive, even though it doesn't have a UK MOT. I have done a bit more digging, and it's all part of the EU harmonisation thing, so MOTs now have no borders. Should I get pulled over by a cop, I guess I'm in for an interesting discussion/test case. I guess, when we leave the EU, this little loophole may close up. To be honest, that was a big driver for doing the trip to me - it simply might not be anywhere near as easy to do so in future. No visas, no import duties, no worries. We always had an easy time with border crossings - less so with the local law!

What's the yellow thing in the first picture?

Don’t know mate, these are the docks at southampton - there was all sorts of plant, diggers etc etc and multi storey car parks full of Jags and Land Rovers ready to go off to distant shores....

Not sure I'm likely to get bored with it. I've barely had chance to drive it since it became road legal. One outing, and that was only 25 miles! I don't have time to crack on with it though, so I'm hoping Mr Cats can dish out some TLC. The rich-running is a major thing to sort out, as I reckon that's related to the hopeless starting. Then there's headlamps, possibly wheel bearings, rear seat belts (especially as there are Kittensinthewelder) and hopefully a UK MOT!

The rich-running is a major thing to sort out, as I reckon that's related to the hopeless starting.

Has any further investigation been done to the ignition switch giving you either cranking or ignition, but not both?

Has any further investigation been done to the ignition switch giving you either cranking or ignition, but not both?

I haven't had time for any investigations at all. Still seems fuel related to me, but could be that there are two issues. 

Mr Cats is now away. I had to nip into town for an errand before collecting him, and managed to park up right in front of a HubNut fan! That was their day made. I miss the Dacia already...