Citroen C6 2.7 hdi .... It's lovely to drive so I'm going to keep it and swallow the VED.

chrisjvm

Afternoon Shitters ....

Who wants to be the proud owner of my big Cit...?

57 plate

12 months MOT (On purchase)

Silver/black leather

Aircon (works,but possibly could be colder on 'Iceland' setting)

Cruise ... Works

Electric Windows/Mirrors ...work ( plus mirror angles down when reverse is engaged, A la XM)

Electric drivers/front passenger seats ... Work

Heads up display ... Works

Auto lights/Wipers ... Work

Front/Rear parking sensors..Work

Electronic rear spoiler ... I'm guessing doesn't work as I've never noticed it deploy, but will check on my way to work tomorrow!

Paint on front bumper a bit tatty

Shallow thumb sized dint on NSF wing

Kerb rash on front alloys

In my custodianship it's had...

All the spheres recharged (Pleiades)

The suspension height at the rear needs resetting as it had a new nsr height corrector fitted just before I bought it...

According to C6 forum a few mill difference can have a detrimental effect on the ride.

Hence my trip to Pleiades ...

I explained the problem and they said 'it sounds like something's broken'

Left it with them for the day as I wandered around Peterborough.

When I went to collect it they had recharged the spheres as 'they were all a bit low'

What about the ride height? I asked...

'Theres nothing broken but we can't correct the ride height because we haven't got Lexia'!!

220 mile round trip for that nonsense ...

In hindsight I should've taken it to BL Autos in Welwyn, as they seem to be the recognised experts.

Mark Lightfoot in Ilkeston has since looked at/driven it and said 'Its one of the better ones I've driven'

It's also had ...

Gearbox oil change

Four wheel layza alignment!

Tyres.

Averages about 32 mpg

post-5562-0-68494600-1528721493_thumb.jpg

Let me know if any of you want to buy this fine vehicle!

Though having only had one nibble on my other Autobahn stormer, I do realise that I'm probably pissing in the wind.

Be brave Shitters ...

Feint heart never won fair maiden!

post-5562-0-11177300-1529241414_thumb.jpg

post-5562-0-01875900-1529241571_thumb.jpg

I think this is the most dramatically styled and most interesting car produced in the last twenty years.

And then get annoyed that the interior is so bland and well, shite.  This company made the CX, for gawd sake.

Following the general opinion that beige = win, IMO the beige interior is way way better, especially the early ones with lashings of wood. I do like me a C6 but would be concerned about running costs.

I think this is the most dramatically styled and most interesting car produced in the last twenty years.

And then get annoyed that the interior is so bland and well, shite.  This company made the CX, for gawd sake.

Hugh Jarss though...

Bland interior maybe, but very very comfy

Well selling it with a fresh ticket as opposed to selling it with 2.5 months/3 months MOT would make it more appealing would it not!? Especially if someone is to spend £2k!?

So you reckon in order for me to realise 2k for a good C6 it needs a full ticket ??

Since the new MOT rules came out I think so , it's cheap but could be v expensive if it falls foul of the new rules, they even stick a dongle in the OBD port now when they do the emissions test which I suppose is to stop the dial an MOT lot

So you reckon in order for me to realise 2k for a good C6 it needs a full ticket ??

Yes, for the sake of £30/£40 I’d whack another MOT on it - might make it more appealing - might attract a quicker sale.

A mere suggestion anyway - its up to you if you you decide to do it. I remember I used to whack a fresh ticket on anything in stock with 6 months MOT or less as people often windged....they would stand there and sigh...”hmmmm yeh but its only got 6 months mot”....From that moment onwards, anything with less than 6 months was given a fresh ticket therefore unable to moan.

2 grand yay 35 large fuk that

never seen them under 3k before

I don't want to piss on our members parade, but it's *Stereotypically it's one of those cars which wins the Low cost High Liability Thread.  It doesn't matter what it costs to buy, the *perception is that it's so complex, so rare and so french that it will eat your bank balance in an instant. 

Because the vast majority of people in the £2K to £6K price bracket don't have the spare cash to fix what will obviously* go wrong, they won't touch it. In fact the cheaper it is, the more they perceive that it'll cripple them. Any Dealer with one that has one, will put it inside, put a silly high price on it, and hope some lover of French Luxury falls for it. May as well have it on sale at £6K because no less likely to sell it for that than £1500. 

*Stereotypical and Perception and Obviously.  I have no proof that they are unreliable or costly to maintain, but gut feel says RUN away. 

All that said: I drove a brand new one with 48 km out of Geneva Airport with my family (struggling to get the bags in the boot - which fitted in a mk3 astra on the way to Ringo Star Airport (Halewood and Speke Airfield)) 

It was an upgrade from the hire car company, an automatic and seemed to have every optional extra. I drove it a few miles over 7 days and people starred at us as if we were royalty.

Because I am completely barking Mad, I would be prepared to do a straight swap from a 3.2 Petrol Omega, which will need time and money spending on it soon. 

*Mad because I actually don't want a diesel. 

Yes, for the sake of £30/£40 I’d whack another MOT on it - might make it more appealing - might attract a quicker sale.

A mere suggestion anyway - its up to you if you you decide to do it. I remember I used to whack a fresh ticket on anything in stock with 6 months MOT or less as people often windged....they would stand there and sigh...”hmmmm yeh but its only got 6 months mot”....From that moment onwards, anything with less than 6 months was given a fresh ticket therefore unable to moan.

Ok, I appreciate your advice but tbh I thought It was cheap at 2k  ... 

I didn't think it would sell outright on here so I thought I'd see if there was any interest in a roffle,

As on the whole Shifters are a decent bunch and selling isn't my favourite pastime ... 

Can you imagine the bellends I'll encounter if I try and sell it on Egumtrader?

I reckon I would have a ticket. Could probably do with some more pics and info though if you want a straight sale?

I'll get some pics up and info hopefully tomorrow eve.

I'm not selling it because I think it's going to cost me a fortune when ticket time comes around ...

I wouldn't advertise it on here if that was the case.... The MOT history is definitely no horror story.

I started writing the OP then checked the MOT expiry date on the database and was surprised that it ran out in 3 months ... Onist guv.

Definitely worth the 2k asking price, even though silver definitely wouldn't be the first choice for most buyers of a C6 I believe.

Regarding the likelihood of attracting a buyer at a low price: It really depends. I think the C6 is enough of a specialty car that it could attract an enthusiast who knows how to ask the right questions, and therefore find out fairly quickly if this is a rare good deal or not. There are probably a handful of people in the country who collect these, or at least are on the lookout for a good deal once in a while.

Of course that requires the seller to know his car inside and out. If you can't answer these questions, whatever they might be for a C6, you will have a much harder time selling the thing. With cars like this you really need to convince people that they are buying a great example.

Regarding gumtree: Expect the absolute scum of the earth.

I don't want to piss on our members parade, but it's *Stereotypically it's one of those cars which wins the Low cost High Liability Thread.  It doesn't matter what it costs to buy, the *perception is that it's so complex, so rare and so french that it will eat your bank balance in an instant. 

Because the vast majority of people in the £2K to £6K price bracket don't have the spare cash to fix what will obviously* go wrong, they won't touch it. In fact the cheaper it is, the more they perceive that it'll cripple them. Any Dealer with one that has one, will put it inside, put a silly high price on it, and hope some lover of French Luxury falls for it. May as well have it on sale at £6K because no less likely to sell it for that than £1500. 

*Stereotypical and Perception and Obviously.  I have no proof that they are unreliable or costly to maintain, but gut feel says RUN away. 

All that said: I drove a brand new one with 48 km out of Geneva Airport with my family (struggling to get the bags in the boot - which fitted in a mk3 astra on the way to Ringo Star Airport (Halewood and Speke Airfield)) 

It was an upgrade from the hire car company, an automatic and seemed to have every optional extra. I drove it a few miles over 7 days and people starred at us as if we were royalty.

Because I am completely barking Mad, I would be prepared to do a straight swap from a 3.2 Petrol Omega, which will need time and money spending on it soon. 

*Mad because I actually don't want a diesel.

You make some valid points ...

I agree with the 'low cost big liability' perception too.

And then get annoyed that the interior is so bland and well, shite. This company made the CX, for gawd sake.

I'm not sure I could afford to run a C6 alongside the CX, but the idea of an oleopneumatic Roffle is tempting.... Not really enamoured of the front end - the headlights look way too small for it, and I think they missed an opportunity to do the DS-Opron-style lights that the C4 Picasso people-carrier has.

Remember that Citroën only managed to shift about 1200 RHD cars here, if that - a poor enough sales performance that they ended RHD production early.

Morning Shitters ...

I think I've got the answer to my OP.

The forum has gone down with roffle fatigue !

I remember once upon a time when WW

nee Barry Shitpeas had you queueing

up for tickets for an N reg Pug 405

TD estate...

iirc didn't he sell £1400 worth of tickets?

A car that I subsequently bought off

John K for £525 or thereabouts which

was about it's value at the time and

then sold on to Rich(Catsinthewelder)

Thanks for all the input and to

Richard K, who committed to buying a

ticket.

Egumtrader here I come ...

With a fresh MOT obvs!