DAF 66 Kombi

Sigmund Fraud

Guest Hooli

Oi!

I'm a southerner up here on missionary work trying to teach them to be English, no success so far though.

There is far, far more to making the Kombi "roadworthy" than doing the brakes.

As I've already explained, it's a project car, and should be treated as such.

Unlike any other 1970s car available for that price, it does not require a full restoration.

But it does require work ! Brakes and tyres are essential, unless you have a death wish. But due to the sheer amount of time it's been in storage, it's likely to require plenty of de-snagging before it's dependable. I have neither the time nor the will to do any more work on it.

Unlike any other 1970s car available for that price, it does not require a full restoration.

For reference, I paid the same (admittedly including transporting) for the 1100. This looks like it needs far less work and time as it's in much better condition.

Basically this is a bargain.

Slight side topic but who do you guys use? Shiply quoted 64 quid for a car from Salisbury to westbury, does that sound good? I've never used a delivery firm before.

People around here seem to ask for £1.5 per mile. In my experience, reliability is far more important than price when it comes to car transport companies !

Nowadays, I prefer to A-frame lightweight stuff, or rent a beavertail for heavier (or completely unroadworthy) stuff.

But it does require work ! Brakes and tyres are essential, unless you have a death wish. But due to the sheer amount of time it's been in storage, it's likely to require plenty of de-snagging before it's dependable. I have neither the time nor the will to do any more work on it.

I'm out, then.

• 2 weeks later...