Shite avec extra! Rover 820 16v Si on LPG - Sold to that man there.

Tomtation

Granny / suck eggs / stating the obvious interface alert, but have you advertised on the 800 forums?

I know they're full of folk (like me) who are morbidly afraid of forking out cash, but worth a try before summoning a tide of (worse) mouthbreathers.

Very good luck with sale. It's lovely.

Thanks roadwork, it is indeed for sale over on the 800 forum. No biters so far,

it's toward the top end of 800 monies but isn't really comparable to the common or garden 800 variety. I shall motor onwards, is it wrong that im looking forward to getting the 1.0 AX back OTR as the daily replacement?

The inserts do make a nice difference, totes agree Lord Sterling (great name btw)?

Cheers man. Lord Sterling was chosen waaaay back when because of my love of the Rover Sterling. Now I own...erm...4 Sterlings (2 Mk1s and 2 Mk2s) and an early 1987 D-reg Rover 820E, plus an absolute trough of Rover related memorabilia.

Cheers man, found a post I'd stuck on another thread and copied it here. They are contained in my own thread aswell if you can find it and have a few hours spare, for now though, here we are:

Mk2s:

825 Sterling KV6:

31195247973_454b0b106f_b.jpg

827 Sterling (Honda V6)

6169273781_dfbc90c733_b.jpg

My old 820i SE (Sold sometime back)

25649220423_5da4a814d8_b.jpg

I wish I never sold it, it was a pretty nice 820, but sadly my situation at the time conspired against me; it broke down and wouldn't start, I had it recovered to some chap I knew, but things got a bit tougher, broken promises, a growing bill for nothing and financial situation was getting worse, I stuck it on eBay and it sold for a measly £100. :(

Mk1s aswell;

827 Sterling:

6178281054_75bf21159d_b.jpg

825 Sterling:

7125589927_08e129c698_b.jpg

1987 820E:

8693263035_1fd061ceed_b.jpg

Most of these are sadly looking quite sorry for themselves now, they were due to be moved to a new home but my situation suddenly worsened and I simply couldn't afford the time/money to move these. I will get there.

Keep on trucking, i'm sure you'll sort something out. Some lovely cars there, though I confess to preferring the fastback looks-wise.

I do like that 825 though, is it a smaller version of the Honda 2.7 V6? would it have the 'small bumpers'? Not really got my head around how the MK1's are specced with the MK1a etc and bumper sizes/trims - thoroughly confused!

Mk1 825 - Has the early version of the Honda V6 2.5. Small bumpers, T-handled gear selector, no sports mode (pre S4 sprts mode), smaller buttons for front electric seats, different style wheels (mine wears the early 827 Sterling wheels) under bonnet light, various minor interior touches varied from later cars.

Mk1 827 - All of the above removed, 2.7 Honda V6, reworked Honda V6 tp 2675cc. Varios reworked interior bits/trim. Later style Lattice wheels (as seen on my 825) wheels changed again 1990. S4 sports mode installed on all V6 equipped autos.

It's interesting (well, for me at least) to note all these changes. It's interesting to see all the nice little toiches that were removed in later cars. Non of them were interesting enough to implement in later cars though.

Ect...

• 3 weeks later...

The Rover of green-ness has now moved on to verdant pastures anew. This particular pasture is even more verdant as it now shares a driveway with another green 820! What a spoilt machine, the new owner is a shiter so I hope to see updates full of loving care and attention, or just updates really! Im sad to see it go, but needs must.