X-reg mk2 Mondeo, ~67k, can deliver, on eBay, 99p no reserve

yes oui si

Any chance of some hardcore held open, American strength interior poses?

That would mean emptying the passenger seat :o

I'll take some.

Just brimmed the tank with nigh-on eighty quid of fuel as well... someone's getting a bargain.

Too right!

I can imagine though you get a lot that expect perfection for a grand though, its as good as you will get in terms of corrosion. I can imagine in a few years them getting pinched to order like the bizarre sequence of events that means any Ford over 20 years old has to be cemented to the driveway to stop it disappearing during the night.

9wOHZ7T.jpg

Phwoar et cetera.

Got 43.8mpg out of the last tank as well... Not bad for a mix of town and rural driving (with one run to Newcastle and back on the A1/A697).

I had an S reg one, didnt have it long but it was a great car, I put it in for MOT and the fuel pump failed so it failed the MOT as the engine wouldn't start. I couldn't find a new fuel pump for it so I fragged it. I did buy it for £100 to be fair.

Build date is 19/4/00. Features as per Etis online (not always completely correct - e.g. windows!)

Minor Features

•  Genk Plant Build
  •  Security Lock Group No.4
  •  'Verona'
  •  With Manual Front Windows
  •  With Manual Rear Windows
  •  With Heated Windscreen
  •  With Driver Remote Mirror
  •  Passenger Remote Convex Mirror
  •  With Black Exterior Mirror
  •  With Door Dead Locks 
  •  With Door Entry Remote Control Unit
  •  With Heated Washer Jet
  •  With 2 Inertia/1 Static Rear S.Belt
  •  With Standard Rear Shock Absorbers 
  •  6 X 15" 17 Spoke Alloy Wheel
  •  195/60 HR x 15 Tyres
  •  With Standard Suspension
  •  With Luxury Steering Wheel 
  •  With Conventional Instrumentation
  •  With Tachometer Instrumentation
  •  With MPH/KMH Speedometer
  •  With Anti-Theft Alarm 
  •  Fixed Radio Antenna-Black
  •  5000 RDS EON
  •  With 4 Speakers
  •  With Illuminated Entry 

Correct!!!Its worth the asking price all day long sorry. Ford from the nineties have a following all of there own. The Mondeo scene is growing now the retro boys want them. It's well under 100k, original and looks tidy. Always gonna be worth money to somebody. Would you all rather he gives it for 150 to a banger boy or some old single Mum to run into the ground? Thought not!!!!! Don't be tight you dinloes.

When are you collecting it then?

Correct!!!Its worth the asking price all day long sorry. Ford from the nineties have a following all of there own. The Mondeo scene is growing now the retro boys want them. It's well under 100k, original and looks tidy. Always gonna be worth money to somebody. Would you all rather he gives it for 150 to a banger boy or some old single Mum to run into the ground? Thought not!!!!! Don't be tight you dinloes.

I don't think I'd put it quite that aggressively, but you do have a point. I live near Santa Pod and there was a Ford event over the weekend - I saw a lot more MK1 and 2 Mondeos coming and going than I have done in previous years. The right Ford licker would probably spent £750 on it, just to say "Ooooh it's got 67k on the clock".

The trouble is, I don't think it will sell here for £750 because most of us are already knee deep in projects (me included).

Remember that in the real world that "normal" people inhabit, £750 is mere pocket change. It's not like he's asking £3000 for it!

I don't think I'd put it quite that aggressively, but you do have a point. I live near Santa Pod and there was a Ford event over the weekend - I saw a lot more MK1 and 2 Mondeos coming and going than I have done in previous years. The right Ford licker would probably spent £750 on it, just to say "Ooooh it's got 67k on the clock".

The trouble is, I don't think it will sell here for £750 because most of us are already knee deep in projects (me included).

Remember that in the real world that "normal" people inhabit, £750 is mere pocket change. It's not like he's asking £3000 for it!

Yup, hence £600 to a shiter - it's in line with what other stuff goes for on here.

MK1/2 Mondeo prices are all over the shop at the moment. Someone on C&C is after £1,500 for a 1.6 bayse one that's been off the road for three years. How about £4k for a 45k 2 litre geeeah X? :')

Then there's the usual flood of gaffa tape'd ex-taxis for £300.

Yup, hence £600 to a shiter - it's in line with what other stuff goes for on here.

MK1/2 Mondeo prices are all over the shop at the moment. Someone on C&C is after £1,500 for a 1.6 bayse one that's been off the road for three years. How about £4k for a 45k 2 litre geeeah X? :')

Then there's the usual flood of gaffa tape'd ex-taxis for £300.

Old Peugeots are going through a similar phase. Remember the thread I started about the one that went for £3800 on ebay?

It's a car for sale. You want money for it, presumably someone out there wants to exchange some money for a car. If that someone is a MK2 Mondeo licker who wants that particular car, you might get close to your asking, but remember - that's a very limited pool of potential customers. They might be willing to pay Megabucks* if they have the horn for a minty base model or a specced to the brim Ghia X, but those enthusiasts, at this time, are unlikely to start salivating over your car. Sorry. Likewise, people advertising their cars for Megabucks* might get lucky and find a buyer (which is the unicorn, the car or the buyer?) but it's not a tactic that I'd imagine works in the majority of cases.

There are more people who want a good, cheap car but then you're competing with all the other cars that are good and cheap, priced at or around your asking that might better meet the specific needs of the buyer.

If your car comes across as a compromise, they'll probably still consider it over others that fit the bill 'better' if yours is a sweeter deal - hence they'll try to knock the price down.

If its got plenty of MOT then £600 sounds reasonable on the basis you'll probably get a year out of it, then less say £150 at the worst case scenario after a year you've had motoring for £37.50 a month. From what you say it doesn't immediately want any money spending on it, just run it until something serious goes wrong or it fails the test in a spectacular fashion.

I've a feeling these on at £1500 or whatever won't sell because its someone specifically looking for an old Mondeo as a classic and that's probably a handful of people, most of whom will be looking for a Ghia or whatever. Someone looking for a banger wouldn't pay £1500 for one, you'd buy a Mk2 Focus or a Mk4 Mondeo for that money.

Its worth what someone will pay.

But also it's worth what the seller wants to sell it for. I've had people turn up at my old house with a car trailer offering £1500 for my Sierra Cosworth because "that's what I value it at", never met the guy before in my life, just a chancer trying it on, no fucking chance but I could have done with the money at the time, although I just couldn't have lived with myself seeing it go and some prick smirking away to himself.

It also got valued at £2k on another forum (admittedly years ago) as it needed putting back together basically (gone way beyond that now and all in one peice*), you'd struggle to get a head for one for that now.

But I'm not desperate to sell so unless someone turns up with £25k it's not going anywhere hence it's only worth what I'm willing to sell it for.

If my backs against the wall and I need £1k to pay bills or I lose my house? Tow it away!!!

Horses for courses and I think around £600 for a good car like that seems a decent deal to me, if it doesn't happen you've still got a really decent motor that will only go up to your valuation in time anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

But also it's worth what the seller wants to sell it for. I've had people turn up at my old house with a car trailer offering £1500 for my Sierra Cosworth because "that's what I value it at", never met the guy before in my life, just a chancer trying it on, no fucking chance but I could have done with the money at the time, although I just couldn't have lived with myself seeing it go and some prick smirking away to himself.

It also got valued at £2k on another forum (admittedly years ago) as it needed putting back together basically (gone way beyond that now and all in one peice*), you'd struggle to get a head for one for that now.

But I'm not desperate to sell so unless someone turns up with £25k it's not going anywhere hence it's only worth what I'm willing to sell it for.

If my backs against the wall and I need £1k to pay bills or I lose my house? Tow it away!!!

Horses for courses and I think around £600 for a good car like that seems a decent deal to me, if it doesn't happen you've still got a really decent motor that will only go up to your valuation in time anyway.

Youre describing a car that youre not selling, that isnt sold.

If you want to sell something, its value is what someone will pay. If you want to keep something, and NOT sell it, yes you can value it at whatever price you like.

Id be all over this Mondeo if I was needing a car though. It looks lovely.