X-reg mk2 Mondeo, ~67k, can deliver, on eBay, 99p no reserve

yes oui si

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F332698495960

Go grab a bargain.

Excuse the formal text, copypasta'd from the Autotrader ad :P

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201806047147028

The trip mentioned was From home to Bristol then to the Weekender at Goodwood( :D ), then across to Wales, around Wales, back to Northumberland, over to Ayrshire, around there and back home.

Long MOT, loads of history. Reliable, dependable, great daily driver. Open to offers.

Text or email only (hearing issues).

Here is my late MK2 Mondeo. I have been using it as a daily for the last three or so months&have put around 6,000 miles on it without any issues. I treated it to new filters&oil, new wipers as the old ones were brittle&have just used it as it should be used.

2x front tyres&2x small bits of welding for the last MOT but otherwise passed with minor advisories. My mechanic sorted the exhaust with some paste on one of the joins&the gearbox mount was left as it is not an issue whilst driving. The drivetrain is impeccable as would be expected from such a low mileage example; the engine burns no oil, the gearbox changes sweetly&it is a joy to drive.

The car is located near Berwick upon Tweed which is quite far from most people but I am more than happy to deliver it for the cost of a train back to Berwick.

I would be happy checking the tyres&oil then driving it anywhere. In fact it took us on a 1,500 mile trip around England, Wales&Scotland a couple of weeks back with 0 issues; stayed cool in traffic, dealt with everything I threw at it.

My mechanic noted that the suspension, brakes&exhaust had all been recently replaced&would be good for some time yet. Bodywork is as expected for a car of this age: a couple of small scuffs and one rusty bleb on the OSR arch (pictured)

Please ask if you have any questions, I can send more photos of required. Next MOT due 12/04/2019, Full service history, Red, 4 owners, £750

a6b9036091fd.jpg

f3186ed3ed4b.jpg

b42094381cf5.jpg

bcf2ec1c9ea5.jpg

7260ecb9c6d5.jpg

_________

Open to offers, and part-ex's if you have something I've plopped a roffle on before.

Preference given to diesels and/or RWD.

Will provide pies to purchaser.

The trouble is they’re in that gap in the market between frag fodder and ‘not quite a classic’.

It’s this type of vehicle that disappears off the radar the quickest, as not many can be arsed with them.

It will find a home, Car & Classic or some cleverly worded ‘future classic/not many left/will only go up in value’ advert on Facebook should see it gone.

Tom is right about the price though.

Speculation as to the value of a car you dont want to buy in a for sale thread, though fun, is never very helpful. Any cars value is exactly what someone turns up and pays for it. Doesnt matter if its a Bentley or a Banger. Its worth what someone will pay.

This car looks canny and hopefully it finds a nice home.

Correct!!!Its worth the asking price all day long sorry. Ford from the nineties have a following all of there own. The Mondeo scene is growing now the retro boys want them. It's well under 100k, original and looks tidy. Always gonna be worth money to somebody. Would you all rather he gives it for 150 to a banger boy or some old single Mum to run into the ground? Thought not!!!!! Don't be tight you dinloes.

I'm not exaggerating at all there is no rust whatsoever on mine, the sills, arches, boot floor etc are all rust free. Never been welded either. Done 70k. Timing belt done at 45k.

Look after it!

A mate had to scrap a rather nice S plate model a couple of years ago as it was absolutely rotten as a pear. Only 110k on the clock.