Has anyone had a lorry transported? Is it hi - NOW BODGE 50 HORSEBO11OX THREAD (Now with added turtles)

Mr_Bo11ox

I bought fluxed 99.9% nickel rods to do the electroplating on my car- apparently they are for welding cast iron. From what I read, heating the part up cherry red then welding it and allowing it to cool very gradually is key.

A big old chunk like that may present problems with oil ingress if it's been cracked and run for a while but you should be able to get it repaired for cheaper than sourcing another, I'd have thought.

Phil

• 3 weeks later...

Hi gang,

Almost a negative level of progress to report on the horsebo11ox:

P1080958.jpg

P1080959.jpg

Obvs theres stacks of stuff I could be doing, but I have chosen to do NOWT till a couple of crucial bts I am waiting for, get sorted:

• Exhaust manifold: Found one with the geezer on the Dodge 50 FB group. Took ages to pay him cos mi internet bank doofer knackered up, then I had to wait for a new one to arrive in the christmas post which took yonks! Sent him the £55 payment eventually, but at least a week and a half has gone by with no manifold on my doorstep yet so i dont know whats going on there. No doubt hes sent it by Yodel who've dumped it in a random dustbin or summert ridiculous
  • Radiator: Dropped this off the the motorbike fabricator dude up the road before Xmas. "Yeah no probs, that wont take long, I'll do it between xmas and new year' About Jan 5th I asked what the crack was: 'Oh I've knacked my back so cant do owt at the moment' great. So i've got to wait for mother nature to sort his back out now!!! Hopefully I'll have it by next weekend, but who knows.

Now, in other news I've seen a cab for sale on the bay, in Stockport:

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/renault-dodge-cab/153329619725

Its £300 which isnt exactly a mega giveaway, but it looks in surprisingly decent nick and I am tempted.

stockport_cab2.jpg

Those cab mounts look a lot better than mine!!

Obvs I have no means of shifting or storing it but the seller says he'd be happy for me to pillage it at his end and leave the remains for a scrapman to collect. I'm looking at it and seeing 2 good doors:

stockport_cab1.jpg

Both mine are rotten at the bottom. I could weld them up, but the idea of just painting and lashing on a couple of unrusty ones is very appealing, I might pay a premium to not piss about spending ages welding mine up. PLus theres a supposedly good windscreen which I could defo use, and if I take my angle grinder and cutting discs I could chop the wings off if they are decent (they look OK) and I think theyd sell quite well on the FB group to get some money back. I would also like to chop the scuttle out and use it for repair sections on mine if its any good.

We'll see what happens, but any local shiters up for helping me pillage this one weekend? I'll have a day to remove everything I want, and getting at the scuttle will entail removing the dash, pedal box and steering column so theres quite a lot of work for one person. Anyway we'll see.

Hi gang,

Almost a negative level of progress to report on the horsebo11ox:

P1080958.jpg

P1080959.jpg

Obvs theres stacks of stuff I could be doing, but I have chosen to do NOWT till a couple of crucial bts I am waiting for, get sorted:

• Exhaust manifold: Found one with the geezer on the Dodge 50 FB group. Took ages to pay him cos mi internet bank doofer knackered up, then I had to wait for a new one to arrive in the christmas post which took yonks! Sent him the £55 payment eventually, but at least a week and a half has gone by with no manifold on my doorstep yet so i dont know whats going on there. No doubt hes sent it by Yodel who've dumped it in a random dustbin or summert ridiculous
  • Radiator: Dropped this off the the motorbike fabricator dude up the road before Xmas. "Yeah no probs, that wont take long, I'll do it between xmas and new year' About Jan 5th I asked what the crack was: 'Oh I've knacked my back so cant do owt at the moment' great. So i've got to wait for mother nature to sort his back out now!!! Hopefully I'll have it by next weekend, but who knows.

s-l1600.jpg

Its £300 which isnt exactly a mega giveaway, but it looks in surprisingly decent nick and I am tempted.

stockport_cab2.jpg

Those cab mounts look a lot better than mine!!

Obvs I have no means of shifting or storing it but the seller says he'd be happy for me to pillage it at his end and leave the remains for a scrapman to collect. I'm looking at it and seeing 2 good doors:

stockport_cab1.jpg

Both mine are rotten at the bottom. I could weld them up, but the idea of just painting and lashing on a couple of unrusty ones is very appealing, I might pay a premium to not piss about spending ages welding mine up. PLus theres a supposedly good windscreen which I could defo use, and if I take my angle grinder and cutting discs I could chop the wings off if they are decent (they look OK) and I think theyd sell quite well on the FB group to get some money back. I would also like to chop the scuttle out and use it for repair sections on mine if its any good.

We'll see what happens, but any local shiters up for helping me pillage this one weekend? I'll have a day to remove everything I want, and getting at the scuttle will entail removing the dash, pedal box and steering column so theres quite a lot of work for one person. Anyway we'll see.

Izax of Newton (if they are still going) are up your way for Ali welding, I would go and have a word, they like a live in vehicle or 2 as well.

Happy to volunteer to help pillaging.

Turns out the manifold has been successfully delivered to the completely wrong address stated on the shipping label, at least I know whats gone wrong. Hopefully ‘Pam’ who has signed for it has not got a Dodge 50 with a bust exhaust manifold and will hand it over without a scuffle when I go round tonight.

Turns out the manifold has been successfully delivered to the completely wrong address stated on the shipping label, at least I know whats gone wrong. Hopefully ‘Pam’ who has signed for it has not got a Dodge 50 with a bust exhaust manifold and will hand it over without a scuffle when I go round tonight.

"Hi Pam, I'm here for the fannymould" might not go down well

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk